You are not logged in.

• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 8:46pm

Ok. Be ready for a new thread and a new doodlle.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

4 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Di Anna, kassy, Ray

Date of registration: Dec 7th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 2:51pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to join to this project. Maybe i can help you and be helped :)

I'm admin of the facebook goup TZM Portugal. Maybe i can try to attract new members , but to do it i need to know how to do it well otherwise i will make them run out... eheh

:bighug:

3 registered users and 50 guests thanked already.

nomada, Di Anna, Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 12:23am

Hey Pris. Nice to have your input here. However, this thread is kind of outdated. We continued the conversation in "Getting the Word out There aka Forming a PR Group". Actually, you are already doing PR group work, and you came to the meeting we had the other day, so I am not sure you need help from us. I think we need some guidance from you :)
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Ray" (Jul 25th 2017, 7:44pm) with the following reason: Turned the new thread title into a link to guide people there.

3 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

nomada, Di Anna, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 1:16am

Though we are using combinations of google docs + forum for a long time now and I get the impression I see a pattern here: after the projects grow a bit, any newcomer wont understand splif of the google sheet, folders and docs complex and we know how it is in the forum. I have no other ideas though.

Once launched, the member portal provides the group (all language & support groups, actually) with a central 'organizational' location for referencing and properly describing/explaining each public resource used for any projects the PR group chooses to take on. So, a single page promoting a single focus like Facebook posts will be able to easily provide participants with links to GDocs, Etherpads, forum threads, image resources, documents & other online info in a way that removes any doubt about how and why they are being used to collate & redistribute important information to the greater RBE community. ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

ralle4

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 3:24pm

Hey Pris. Nice to have your input here. However, this thread is kind of outdated. We continued the conversation in "Getting the Word out There aka Forming a PR Group".

Maybe we can merge the 2 threads. Would it order the posts by date and make it messy to follow the 2 different threads developments in one?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 45 guests thanked already.

ralle4, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, February 12th 2014, 1:12am

I have a suggestion to what you suggested, Christos. Me and @kassy: are starting a new project which we call 'RBE Think Tank', and the purpose is to gather contents in any format and send them as articles or suggested and semi-guided researches to different media to see if they publish them. It all depends on their characteristics and what you wish to spread or reach. For example, we created a suggestion of a post with an image with a quote and some descriptive text with a link to a video. Then we selected several Facebook pages with high ranking of viewers, like between 20.000 and 300K, and evaluating if their walls are very active, and send it to several if the content fits what they publish. It can be a Technological Unemployment article+ video to a magazine, a newspapper, a doc to a TV channel. If they do, you can have many thousands of people knowing about the Venus Project for the first time. Reaches much further than a FB page but serves a whole different function: take the content beyond RBE circles :seymour:
Yes!!! This is what I was thinking since I came on board here, to LTI, I mean, in the first place. And have not been able to articulate it up 'til now, but it has been in my mind since the beginning as something I noticed & saw as a great limitation! I see that most people on the fb pages associated w/ TVP/TZM use a name on their pages like "So and So Zeitgeist" or "Pro Rbe" or the like. And I kept hearing about "the RBE communities". This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as we are trying to build an RBE World, and what I was noticing is that all of the information seems to continue to circlulate among the same people that know about this already, rather than reaching others who do not. I am guilty of this same thing, too, as I opened a second fb page when I joined LTI, 'cause I was uncomfortable w/the page I already had being open to so many people! (So many of the people connected and working in RBE activism, and who were "friending me", are connected to SO many people.) I didn't know what to do! I saw many people w/ pages that used their name w/ TZM or something, and I thought it was good to just open a second page. I take a lot of things I find posted on the page I use for TZM, etc. and post them on the other page (and I do like and share a fair amount of TZM/TvP material on there, too) but I find I am less and less on that one, and more and more on here! My original idea was to "transfer" a lot of my "personal friends" from my other page to this one, so I could increase the flow of material in the news feeds of the people I know from other places (like home :)), but I am sorry to say I have not done NEAR as much of that as I want to, and it is going to be a priority for me very soon so more information can reach those I love and really want to reach. I think that this is a problem, w/the information just sort of "circulating amongst ourselves", which does little to reach "newbies" and truly carry the message to the world. It is good in the sense that "we" are all continually reinforced and steeped in the concepts and therefore transition, but we need to spread the word. Your ideas are AWESOME. :thumbsup: :thumbup: :cheer:

I was also thinking yesterday (as I did it in a group here in the US called Represent US) w/ all of the political unrest out there, there are, I am sure, TONS of "political platforms", reform groups, (non-profits, as we have here in the states) w/ the purpose of reforming the governments all over the world in each country. It may be that we could not continue to post RBE materials in such group forums, but we surely could at minimum PRESENT the ideas and some materials (I posted TZM and TVP's official page, and I think both Youtube pages on the main page of this group Represent Us, that is attempting to "get the money out of politics" here in the states, and has acknowledged that BOTH "parties" are just playing the same game) and re-visit from time to time doing the same. I realized it was a great place to post the materials and links to TVP/TZM ideas, as everyone IN there is also looking for a change and a real way out of this whole mess! We could EASILY go onto some of those places and post some info, here and there, and maybe engage in some discussions w/ people in those public forums as a way to introduce them to the materials. I was not really doing that intentionally, but rather accidentally, as I was interested in some of the things these guys were posting. But then I saw the opportunity so it made sense. :) Also, w/ reference to your idea of linking an image and an article and posting places, also TV stations and TV shows (such as newscasts or political shows/ even comedic ones) ALL have fb pages and discussion forums. We can do these things on there. Also, one of the girls posting on David's page (TZM Close) mentioned that she has done a lot of transcriptions and so has text from many of Jacques' lectures and other materials on her computer. The idea I was just thinking, is using just a line or two from a video, some provocative point or interesting "tagline" linked w/ an image and the video, like they do w/ advertising. (Not sure if this is what you want or not) but I imagine people will "click" and watch with that idea, too, as well as w/ a brief description of the video contents. ??

One more thought I would like to add to this: What Rod said about life, and the focus of most people's days: I have 'gone in and out' of this quite a bit since I started. Not that I have ever "been 'out' " and I am always sharing the message in my life and living the concepts, which ALSO shares the message, but I have been limited in doing more LTI work because of other things in Life since I began here. :) We all have that. The more people we reach w/ these ideas, the more our societies may be affected positively; I don't think there is a really easy answer. But everything is so entangled and complicated in society's workings, now, that everyone is affected, and Life becomes really complicated and time consuming sometimes. Also, it is very true that people "forget about things" when they are not regularly exposed to them, or rather "remember about things" that they ARE regularly exposed to, but I also know that everyone's life is pretty much a mess out there w/ all the things that are going on, so people are hungry for answers. And even if we are not as active as we would like to be at a given time, spreading the word online, each of us is coming in contact w/ other people every day, and the way we interact w/them as the result of the RBE concepts, does a lot to forward the ideas of an RBE, even if we don't actually reach them w/ the specific information: we live it. :) And that spreads it somehow, too. :) Just a thought. :)

I don't know if there is an easy way to "hold on to" volunteers, as I think everyone gets pulled into the flow of their life and has to "go there" sometimes. :) But I also don't think people who are truly interested in this really "forget". I could be wrong cause I'm not "keeping the numbers" on any of that, and not a coordinator trying to 'keep my group active', but the more we spread the ideas and reach people who haven't already been reached, the more chance we have for volunteers. Plus, I think people really LIKE doing this. So, once we "snag 'em" they should be back around soon as they can, ya know? I really think this problem is due to the level of stress and volatility going on "out there" rather than solely due to people just "doing other things w/ their time". So we have to reach as many as we can, w/ LTI needs as well as just RBE in general ideas, and make it as easy as possible for people to make sense of things when they get here. :) That's it. :)

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion