• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 1:07pm

Co-Ordinator Deletion

What is the process when someone is not a co-ordinator anymore? I was wondering because Diomides (kwizrak) cannot be a co-co-ordinator of the Greek team anymore, so I think it would be better if only I had the options of a co-ordinator. I want to make sure that no-one else can change things (eg. in Dotsub or Pootle)
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

54 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 5:45pm

First and most important is to check with the person. Is he saying: "I can no longer handle these responsibilities, so I want to be removed as a coordinator", or is he busy at the moment? Because if it's the second, many times things do change.

So my point is, it's best to ask the person and get that definite answer, so that there aren't misunderstandings and people being removed from positions without their knowledge.

101 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 8:46pm

It's the first one. I probably did not express it adequately. Kwizrak was the one to notify me.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 53 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 12:12am

what makes kwizrak be away so long and quit the focus on those coordination tasks he was doing?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

53 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 11:02am

Lately, it's his job. He's been traveling across Greece for a month now, and he'll do it for at least another month. Overall, the reason is that he is the co-ordinator of the Greek TZM Chapter, and his local chapter, so he can't do everything. He told me he prefers to be an initial translator. In these last months, he didn't have time to do any co-ordination tasks, so we talked and I told him it would be better if he didn't have these co-ordination tasks on his mind. He got bored of it because he was co-ordinating 3 teams, and after some time it's just not fun anymore. I think we all know that you can't be a good volunteer unless you enjoy what you do.

All in all, it wasn't working because I was waiting for him to reply to some mails or do some tasks and I kept on waiting or I wasn't sure whether he would do them or I thought he did them but he didn't etc. We're both better off now because I know he can't help, so I have to undertake the co-ord's tasks. It's definitely for better, because he is our most prolific initial translator, so he'll be "free" to what he does best and what he enjoys.

52 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

LTI Administration Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 2:00pm

Great that he will still be around. :)

In that case, he would be removed as a coordinator from Pootle, dotsub, the forum, and probably other places I can't remember right now.

57 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Monday, February 3rd 2014, 8:46pm

Ok. Can I do that or do I have to contact someone else?

55 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 8:07pm

Job done by me and Christos.

58 guests thanked already.