You are not logged in.

• "petboos" started this thread

Date of registration: May 12th 2015

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 1:38pm

Consultation about translations for artistic political project

Hi LTI,

First of all we would like to congratulate the work that you have been doing, translating and giving more voice to important projects worldwide. I'm not right if this is the right procedure in this case, but I just wanted you to help me solving some questions or at least helping me knowing to whom should I address this message.

Fernanda Vizeu and I are Brazilian artists living in Berlin. We were invited for exhibiting our artistic political project “Brazil Exposed” in the main exhibition of the art festival 48 Stunden Neukölln, with the theme Art Saves the World, that will occur in June 26th, 27th and 28th of 2015.

The work shows what has been happening in Brazil since June 2013, when the country started to experience a moment of political awakening, with a significant increase of popular demonstrations that started to denounce the high degree of corruption in the country and invariably to expose failures of the current economic system. In response to this context we created two performances art that dialogue with these issues: “Untitled or And the people in the dining room” and “Catracacatraca”.

Unfortunately the festival doesn’t cover the production costs of the exhibition and we will need to have some texts translated. Specially a 22’ video spoken in Portuguese. The transcription and synchronization of the Portuguese subtitles were already done, as well as an outline of the English version. But they need improvement, revision and also a translation to German, as the exhibition will happen in Germany.

We would like to consult you about the possibility of these revisions and translations to be done with Linguistic Team International.

Attached follow the documents with a comprehensive description of the works and also the recommendation letters of Festival’s Director Martin Steffens and of the Director of Political Dialogue of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, an important institution in Germany. [could not attach the files]

best wishes,

Peter Boos.
BP Criaçoes Artísticas
peterbboos@gmail.com

3 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, zedom, rock3r

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 2:06pm

Hello Peter,

unfortunately, we're nowhere near having the kinds of resources to support awesome projects like this one, but our volunteers may still want to participate, so how about you give us a list of links pointing to the resources needing translation here in this thread so I can post an appeal on our facebook group?

Hugs from the admin team :bighug:

2 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

petboos, rock3r

Wednesday, May 13th 2015, 5:22pm

Wow! What a super answer! It would be great. Let's try?

Here is the link of the 22' video spoken in portuguese: https://youtu.be/RFUzGcrlJN4
There are already subtitles in portuguese and english, but they need revision. The video also specially needs to be subtitled to german.

Here is the link to a file with texts that need translation to german: http://peterboos.com.br/wp-content/uploa…-EXHIBITION.pdf
Only the items 1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 inside the document need to be translated.

The most important for us would be to have the video with english and german subtitles.

Do you think is there anything else we need to provide to count with so nice collaboration?

Best wishes,

Peter.

36 guests thanked already.

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 7:46pm

Hello Peter,

unfortunately, we're nowhere near having the kinds of resources to support awesome projects like this one, but our volunteers may still want to participate, so how about you give us a list of links pointing to the resources needing translation here in this thread so I can post an appeal on our facebook group?

Hugs from the admin team

Hey [brunodc][/brunodc],

We keep looking for help with the translation specially for the video. Could you please give us a position? We will understand if you may not help us.

Best wishes,

Peter Boos.

34 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion