You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 9:57pm

Which strategies do you suggest to have the LTI reaching the TVP, TZM and world community in general? Bring our translations to them and their help to us?

Hi! :smiley:

I guess the title of this thread speaks for itself. But better to be more specific in a few points:

1) How are we going to bring all these finished translations and developments of the LTI to all the websites, Youtubes, TZM Chapters, TVP Activism Groups, and other communities? And how are we going to develop this connection between the LTI and the world in a way that we become a reference where THEY come to our locations to download the translations?

2) How are we going to promote the importance of this global collaboration that is the LTI and the need for volunteers to join the Translations, Proofreading, Timestamp Adjustments, the Tech Team and the Devs Teams?

Please throw your ideas/suggestions on a reply to this post and, as you're inspired, let us know if you wish to join the PR Group and help to apply those strategies. :thumbup:

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

3 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, Di Anna, aganon77

• "Yayita" is female

Date of registration: Jul 3rd 2011

Language Team: Spanish Team Co - Coordinator

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 4:59pm

Taking advantage of FB

Hi all,
This might be old news, but these are my suggestions:

I am testing the idea of making a FB page for the Linguistic Team in spanish.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equipo-Ling%C3%BC%C3%ADstico-Global/383585598349855?ref=ts
The idea is to use it for posting only new material, the stuff that has been finished. Now I am trying to figure out how to set up an rss from that page so people also can subscribe to it (i am just learning ;) ). Some people does not like facebook so I am trying to figure an automatic way of letting them know when something is finished or when we are needing some additional help.

Another thing I have been doing in our videos (I have seen this in videos of the LTI) is to add a link for people wanting to help so they can join. I was using the link for the forum in Spanish but now I am thinking the team's email might be a better tool for that.

Viewers in the youtube channel from time the time ask for the srt file for the video, I have been posting a dotsub direct link (on YT info area of the video) but maybe is time to start hard subbing the video by language with info about the LTI so we can start getting notice and attract some attention. Also, it helps the activist, they only would need to download it and burn it.

Besos a todos! :kiss:
And Thanks everybody for all the hard work! :clap: :cheer:

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 10:38pm

LTI Public Relations Team

Hey, Team! :wave:
I suggest that the LTI-PR Team be opened to ANYONE who wants to help spread the ideas of TZM and TVP. I suspect there are those out there in the world who do not possess the skills for translating or proofreading or perhaps they lack the desire to work in that way, yet they would like to be a part of spreading the RBE message to the world. I believe that this team should not consist of those of us who are presently working as transcribers, timeshifters, translators, or proofreaders because we are stretched to the max now to complete the tasks waiting for us.

I became a part of the ZeitNews staff in a similar way. I don't possess the scientific knowledge required of ZeitNews editors who publish stories in the various categories: robotics, nanotechnology, transportation, energy, space science, etc, but I really loved ZeitNews and wanted to help spread this important science & technology news to the world. When the call was put out from ZeitNews that they were looking for someone to manage Twitter, I decided to give it a try. I knew very little about Twitter at the time, but I wanted to learn it and broaden my knowledge of the wonderful capabilities that exist today through science & technology. Working with ZeitNews has been such a joy. I've learned so much and it makes me feel very special to be a part of spreading this message to the world.

I'm sure there are those out there who would like to do the same for LTI. Perhaps we could even split the PR Team into sub-teams: one for Facebook, one for Twitter, Google+, TZM Network, and maybe we could have sub-teams for different languages as well. For now, I plan to announce and post the LTI PR Team idea in my next local chapter meeting to see if there is interest. Maybe TZM Radio broadcasts and the TZM Global site could send out announcements too. I became involved with LTI when I heard PJ announce the need for those with English language skills on blog talk radio. Let's use every means we have to get a LTI PR Team organized and functional by announcing it EVERYWHERE possible.

((hugs)) to all :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 39 guests thanked already.

nomada, can bulgu

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, May 14th 2012, 12:54am

collecting them on a Google Doc in a succinct format

Nice strategies, fellows!! Really cool ones!! I am collecting them on this Google Doc, so we don't get lost when this thread gets long - PR Group Suggested Strategies :party:

It is nicer if we share and describe the strategies here in the forum but add them in a more succinct way in the Google Docs, for later. Add a bullet to the end of the list, after you checked that your suggestion is not already there, and add your forum profile name in front of it, in case we need to find the idiot to explain the idea a bit better :idea:

Maybe we could start categorizing these suggested strategies into "Everyday/Specific Focus" and "Multi-focus/Global Reach" strategies, or at least use this concepts to inspire us for more ideas and in accordance to specific needs? Yayita gave examples of Everyday/Language focused strategies, these related to enriching facebook and Youtube locations, static information. While Di gave examples of dynamic or temporary information and of more Global reach, like the use of the Blog Talk Radio. Both are very important and complement each other.

About this Blog Talk Radio suggestion, I would like to develop it more here and start by suggesting that we propose to Ray to host one of the shows. He has the most clear, comprehensive and pleasant speech, and he knows all about the LTI and its importance towards the awareness about the RBE. The best that is around and perfect for the job. Don't you think? :thumbsup:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 43 guests thanked already.

can bulgu, Di Anna

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion