• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 11:38pm

"2/2 Story Of Stuff in Arabic قصة الأ

Hi :smiley:
In thee TVParabicTZM channel, the one where the Arabic team uploads their translations, there is a video marked as blocked worldwide, and there is this message there:

"2/2 Story Of Stuff in Arabic قصة الأشياء
Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
  • "The Colbert Report-The Colbert Report 3/9/2010", audiovisual content
    administered by:
    Viacom
What does this mean?
Your video is blocked worldwide.
Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change.

Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

As a result, your account has been penalized and is not in good standing.
Deleting the video will remove the penalty due to this claim.

I believe this copyright claim is not valid."

What is the best procedure in this situation?

There are also other videos that say: "it may contain 3rd party content". Should I make them private or something before the channel gets penalized?
Can you advise me? I am currently managing this channel but I am not experient at it

hugs,
nomada

Update: I see also that this channel don't have the increased limit of upload above 15min available. I would really like to recover that : /
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nomada" (May 15th 2012, 1:47pm)

54 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 1:52pm

I guess I will delete this video, after saving the subtitle SRT. This way I might be able to recover the increased upload limit above 15min/video again. This is not even one of the videos in the LTI list of works so probably no one else in the LTI is having the same issue in order to help with it.

We should be careful with what we upload in our channels, which are becoming references too important for mankind - in our language specific domains, at least - too precious to be risked to loose with such copyright issues. We should see each case carefully, especially when they are not originated by TVP or TZM or PJ, etc.

hugs :loveya:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

55 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 4:28pm

Yuhuuuuuuu!!! I deleted the video and made a few others private and now the channel can upload videos longer than 15 minuts again!!! I guess we will put Addendum, ZMF and Paradise or Oblivion up there very soon!! The views will skyrocket!!! :cowpoke:

For those who might have Story of Stuff videos in your channels, this is what it is on their site in regards to copyrights:
"Our Creative Commons License permits you to download and share our films for free, as long as you promise us three things: that the screening is non-commercial, that The Story of Stuff Project is credited, and that the movie is shown in its entirety (ie, you can’t edit it)."
http://www.storyofstuff.org/downloads/movie-files-2/

I hope it helps,

hugs

45 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion