You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, October 19th 2012, 7:58pm

Charlie Chaplin- Zeitgeist Remix - audio claim

The Arabic channel received this claim on the project Charlie Chaplin- Zeitgeist Remix. I found it weird. who does the video belong to? and the music is zeitgeist :dunno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e58JBlRqKOA

It says in the claim notification:
Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
"Dee.Jay.Sun.Day.-People Have the Power", sound recording administered by:
dig dis
"Jise-The Speech", sound recording administered by:
DashGo/Audiobee

and Lizardman found the actual video of the ones who claimed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-rA3u76rQ
Could it be that a machine identifies the content as being similar and thinks we are using their sound?

And which option, when refusing the claim, shall we chose?

I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.
I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.
I gave credit in the video.
The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.
I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.
My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.
The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

83 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 9:52am

The content that is matching is Charlie Chaplin's speech from his 1940 film The Great Dictator. Those songs just use the same speech. They have not created it.

However, I don't know if the speech has copyrights and if they had to pay to the copyright's holder in order to use it. So I don't know which option should be selected... The speech may or may not be copyrighted.

1 registered user and 84 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Public Relations Group

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 12:08am

I received another claim on this video in the Arabic channel, this time for visual content, not the audio. It bocked the video in all countries and penalizes the account. So I had to make a move. I tried but have no idea where to search or a source that confirms the copyright owner of the content. So I would have to delete the video or dispute the claim. I have chosen this last one since there are lots of versions of that Chaplin speech all over and it is doubtful that all they have permission to post it. So here is a copy of my dispute:

Claims to dispute

• "Jise-The Speech", sound recording administered by:
    DashGo/Audiobee

• "Dee.Jay.Sun.Day.-People Have the Power", sound recording administered by:
    dig dis

• Visual content administered by:
    Mk2 Multimedia SA
Reason for dispute

This video contains the material at issue, but the material is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
Explanation
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
I have a good faith belief that the claim(s) described above have been made in error, and that I have the right(s) necessary to use the contents of my video for the reasons I have stated. I have not knowingly made any false statements, nor am I intentionally abusing this dispute process in order to interfere with the rights of others. I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account.

I hope it works
:timeout:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

55 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Friday, January 25th 2013, 3:20pm

"Mk2 Multimedia SA has reviewed your dispute and released its copyright claim on your video, "Charlie Chaplin- Zeitgeist Remix تشارلي تشابلن - زايتجايست"." yuhuuuuu! :party:

and...
"dig dis has reviewed your dispute and released its copyright claim on your video, "Charlie Chaplin- Zeitgeist Remix تشارلي تشابلن - زايتجايست"." alright!! :drinks:

and there is only one left now :nervous:

2 registered users and 62 guests thanked already.

Yayita, Borislav/lizardman

• "yv6eda" is male

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 11:54pm

Hey Rod, this happend to me a few days ago. Today I decided to take care of the issue and found this thread. Eureka!
I followed your process, in my case were 2 instead of three complains:
IDOL for the sound recording and
Mk2 Multimedia SA a visual claim.
I will update this info as soon I received some responses.
Thanks...
Jorge

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

nomada, Borislav/lizardman

Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 12:15am

Nice that this thread is being useful Jorge! I'll let you know when I get the answer from the 3rd claim dispute.

hugs :love:

55 guests thanked already.
  • "yv6eda" is male

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Monday, February 18th 2013, 8:27pm

Following Rod Technic here is the response I received from the Youtube's clam:
1 of 2 fixed...

CharlieChaplin Zeitgeist Remix
Your video may include a song owned by a third party. For example, this might be a song playing in the background or someone performing a song.

To hear the matched song please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified.

Your video is available and playable.

Here are the details:

Visual content administered by: 0:02
Mk2 Multimedia SA Claim released.
"Charles Chaplin-Speech from the great Dictator", sound recording administered by: 0:51
IDOL Your dispute awaiting response by 03/11/13

1 registered user and 49 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "WurmD" is male

Language Team: Portugal

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, February 18th 2013, 9:33pm

Hmm, so now what? What do I do now (that I already had "CharlieChaplin Zeitgeist Remix" uploaded and flagged by Youtube) ?
Signature from »WurmD« O que ganhas dá para viver?
Queres ganhar o Rendimento Básico?
ASSINA E DIVULGA: http://rendimentobasico.pt/assinar/

52 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 11:31pm

Reason for dispute

This video contains the material at issue, but the material is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
Explanation
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
I have a good faith belief that the claim(s) described above have been made in error, and that I have the right(s) necessary to use the contents of my video for the reasons I have stated. I have not knowingly made any false statements, nor am I intentionally abusing this dispute process in order to interfere with the rights of others. I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account.

This was the info I added when I disputed the claim. Beep me in skype if you need any help, Dario ; )

1 registered user and 54 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion