You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, January 6th 2012, 5:06pm

Douglas Mallette on Caux Workshop

Hi! I dont know if this is the best place for this post but,I wanna share the possible need/advantage to cut some parts in a video.
I am timeshifting this video and, as I go along, some parts of it remind me that, during the transcription of this video, there was already someone suggesting in the forums that it might be better to cut some inaudible parts in it. I could fill in most of the gaps in those hardly audible parts and I think that an English native speaker could do the rest easily by the 2nd proofreading round. But these parts are not only hardly audible, they can make the lecture a bit annoying, I believe. I like it very much and there is a nice feeling of connection and openness as the audience participates with questions and considerations. But, until minute 24 of the whole 1h30 video, where I am timeshifting now, some of these participations make the lecture a bit boring, and Douglas seems bored too hehe. It really slows down the flux of important information and I believe that some viewers might quit watching it for it becoming too stopped in these parts.
Do you wanna give a look and share if you feel the same? Is it worth to cut those few seconds here and there?

There are many noises too from an old door that can be distracting, but I wonder if anyone in the LTI has technical tools to deal with "cleaning" sound tracks at that level? I didn't toke note of the noisy zones but I did for the "extra talk" ones.
Check the periods between:
18:20 -18:44
19:34 - 19:46
21:41 - 24:22 (This one needs more consideration as it corresponds to a period where we can find 2 distinct situations: 1- the audience seems to doubt from Douglas info but he ends up adding good info to the lecture when trying to convince them; and 2- Douglas is telling them about the USB and the papper copies where they can find the links where they can research more at home... a long period of "nothing" :numb: )

Here is the link: http://dotsub.com/view/6d679820-7e99-4df7-b41d-5c9c3c59e744

Another section in the video that could be considered is between timestamps 28:03 - 28:43
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nomada" (Jan 10th 2012, 8:24am)

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, txetxo

Public Relations Group

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 1:17am

Another one, from:
00:42:16,878 --> 00:42:20,126
[Is there universal principle in the universe?]
to
00:43:32,946 --> 00:43:35,806
[I just want to attract your attention to it.]

:ummm:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 39 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, txetxo

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 2:14am

Hey, Sweet Nomada,
I have not listened to this lecture, but I have communicated with Doug about our progress concerning his lectures. He is in Sweden right now, on a Scandinavian tour on Global Sustainability. Do you think we should ask him what to do in this case? If you think that's a good idea, I will send him an email and he could tell us what he thinks, at least about those portions that you are time shifting.

What a challenge our job can be sometimes, huh?
kizzzzzes from me :kiss: ,
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 31 guests thanked already.

txetxo

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 3:41pm

Hey Bro,

Also, there's the problem of video quality. If we are to chop bits from this video (which I'm all for if it helps with clarity) we're gonna have to re-encode the video and we'll end up with a crappier copy if we start from the dotSUB version. Once more, we encounter the problem of getting a clean copy of yet another vid from the Dougster :)

33 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 12:10pm

Hi folks!! than for the feedback : ) I agree with both of you. Too bad this might be another of his projects that might take long to get to the public in good conditions. But it is well worthed, like Bruno said.

Can you contact him, Di? or shall we do it all at once through the process already started of downloading his videos from his personal hard drive through Txetxo, Bruno?
hugs

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

txetxo

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 4:48pm

I will send him an email about the difficulty. And we'll see what he suggests.
((hugs))
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 34 guests thanked already.

txetxo

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 6:09pm

Doug just responded to my email, and said he will take a look and make a suggestion about this when he gets back home. He's on the Scandinavian Lecture Tour right now, making us all so proud!
Love,
Di

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

txetxo

• "txetxo" is male

Date of registration: Jun 19th 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Linguistic TechTeam Group
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 8:10pm

Good news! We are getting the video from Doug in one cut from Wednesday on. I am awaiting for he's suggestions on Di's em@il also.
Signature from »txetxo« txetxo, Linguistic TechTeam (LTT) "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete" Buckminster Fuller. http://forum.linguisticteam.org/

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "txetxo" (Feb 19th 2012, 9:17pm)

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion