English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 8:53pm

Tuturial on Registering in Pootle! :D

Signature from »WurmD« O que ganhas dá para viver?
Queres ganhar o Rendimento Básico?
ASSINA E DIVULGA: http://rendimentobasico.pt/assinar/

6 registered users and 62 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, Borislav/lizardman, laramide, Ana, vaibhav.trivedi, domi1989

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 10:46pm

Looks like you found out about the prezi grace there ^^ great job!!

Maybe you could add that they should only choose English as a language if they want to transcribe or proofread in English. There are lots of Pootle members that have chosen English but are from other teams :D

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 62 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "AndersO" is male

Date of registration: Jun 18th 2011

Language Team: Swedish

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 8:55pm

I advise my translators to set English as their interface language, so that all the buttons and features get a consistent naming. This makes it a lot easier to help each other with Pootle.

1 registered user and 59 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, November 4th 2011, 7:51am

Great initiative and a wonderfully simple presentation, Dario!

Be aware that I recently adjusted the wording of the registration page, removing the stuff about needing to be a TZM member, since that is no longer true. Also fixed are any LTI domain-based links.

Here are a couple of important things that are currently missing from the Prezi.

Not all of the projects are translatable by members.
Language:
English should never be selected except for members of the English Proofreading Team.
Projects:
English Proofreading is only for members of the English Proofreading Team.
French Chapter is only translatable by members of the French Team
Terminology is an internal function that is not yet fully implemented. We'll be eventually populating them with the contents of our individual team glossaries, once the English glossary has been brought up to date.

The "Tutorial" project is open to anyone, so it can be used to both practice and learn how to handle different situations they will experience while waiting for their coordinator to set them up. This also means that the coordinator needs to clear out the last person's results once they have completed it. I have asked Ivan to develop a 'reset' button to automate this for coordinators, but he is currently travelling with little idea of when he will be able to return.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ray" (Jul 25th 2017, 2:31pm)

1 registered user and 53 guests thanked already.

laramide

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, November 4th 2011, 2:48pm

Curiosity peak ;-)

Hey, Dario (long time no kisses :whistling: )

I took a look at this because as an English proofer, I thought it would be interesting to see Poodle. Wow...makes me wish I were bi- tri- or quadruple- lingual. 8|
Ray, I'm needing clarification about what you listed. Are English proofers using Poodle?? ?( for proofreading?

Now, that part about the glossary, I think I understand.

:ponder:
kisses (especially to Dario)! :kiss:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 60 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: Sep 11th 2011

Language Team: Denmark-Danish

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 7:19pm

Pootle Guide English text but made for the danish projects

Hi A guide I have made to the danish team (English) verison)
Anders1977 has attached the following file:

3 registered users and 58 guests thanked already.

Ray, Diana, Ana

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, November 25th 2011, 1:32pm

Hi Di,
Yes, I've set up a section specifically for English proofreaders to be able to go through media items that are brought into Pootle. It's a separate section that gives them exclusive access to materials before they are opened up for translations, but we simply do not have enough English proofreaders to activate this specific focus yet.

What appears as Pootle's "Terminology" project is actually an internal function of Pootle, rather than an actual project to be directly translated. This is directly related to the Glossary efforts that you and others have been contributing to. As soon as you say 'go' (yes, YOU), we will call for all language teams to combine/contribute all of the terms and phrases they have in their own language glossaries, add them to the global English one, work through providing comprehensive info for each (definitions, synonyms, contextual use samples, etc.) and then incorporate all of that into Pootle's Terminology project. At that point, whenever a Pootle translator comes across an English term or phrase that's included in the Glossary-Terminology project, Pootle will automatically offer the person that language's 'team-agreed upon' translation. They only need to highlight the English term or phrase and then click a button to have it placed where it belongs within the translation (or Copy/Paste or type it out, whichever they prefer). It should go a long way toward supporting full translation consistency across all of the projects within each language section of Pootle. The individual glossaries (one per language), made readily available within the LTI website, will do the same for video and other material translations (but without the automation unless we can somehow figure out how to enable some of that with dotSUB, too - it might be possible, so we'll see how far we can take this). :roe:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 61 guests thanked already.

nomada, txetxo

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion