• "rika-mari" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2012

Language Team: English and French

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Translator

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 8:56pm

Hello et bonjour!

Hello et bonjour!
I'm new to the Venus Project but find it very inspiring and wish to contribute any way I can. I've been teaching English in the province of Quebec for three years now, and am starting to re-orient myself towards translation of English into French through part-time studies now that I am a mother (and want to stay home with my daughter). I hope to be able to contribute, whether through English proofreading, or French translation. I have done some small translation jobs in the past, CVs, cover letters, and a documentary-film proposal. J'admets que mon français n'est pas impeccable (car j'ai plus perfectionné mon anglais au courant de ma vie que mon français), mais j'y travaille fort maintenant et avec relecture et collaboration, je sais que je peux contribuer de façon utile.

I look forward to collaborating with all of you,
au plaisir de travailler ensemble,
Marika

1 registered user and 34 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

laramide

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, January 16th 2012, 2:06am

Salut Marika!! Bienvenue!!! :smiley:
So many ways you can help with!! What a nice surprise! Both English Proofreading and French Proofreading are areas that will gain very much with your help, so just do whatever gives you more fun ^^

Here is the French team forum section link. Feel free to let them know you have arrived and Bruno, the French team coordinator, will show you the tools :thumbup:
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…rnational-team/

In case you wish to help with English Proofreading, here is the forum section. We ask most questions around the tea and cookies ;)
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ish-department/

Feel free to ask anything you need about these 2 main communication and information links:
- The Videos Working Locations table in the Wiki, where we organize who is doing what in the English team: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos
- The Guidelines, very important if we wish to improve and keep a coherent quality in the team works, when there is often many people contributing to the success of any given project :thumbup: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguistic_Team_Guidelines

Sorry to load you with so much info right at the start :giggle: But as we are here... just 1 more thing: How did you found the Linguistic Team? Through the TVP website? and what made you join this specific way of participating?

hugs,
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

laramide, rika-mari

• "rika-mari" is female
  • "rika-mari" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2012

Language Team: English and French

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Translator

Monday, January 16th 2012, 7:17am

Hello Nomada, and everyone else :-)

I joined the linguistic team shortly upon discovering Venus Project, through a comment left on the Thrive Movement website, by a certain Marco G. He pointed out that a free market economy could not, in his view, resolve the world's problems, and mentioned a resource-based economy as a solution, with links to the Venus Project and Zeitgeist movement websites. I spent a greater part of my day reading about Venus Project, and in doing so, found a few mistakes, and got involved by sending them in to the web developer. From what I've read so far, I feel without a doubt that this idea IS a workable solution to the world's woes, and I want to do my part. So, from the Venus Project website, I joined the Linguistic Team. I'm currently learning my way around the software, but I certainly look forward to contributing!

Cheers!
Marika

4 registered users and 31 guests thanked already.

Borislav/lizardman, laramide, nomada, brunodc

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 12:43am

How nice that you found it from a comment on another website!! I will be more motivated to comment more often, after your story ;) Thanks!!

And this reminds me another thing: I would love to collect allthose nice stories of howpeople joined the LTI.
There are so many different and interesting ones out there :idolize:

Let me know if you need anything. And have fun!! :D
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 36 guests thanked already.

brunodc, laramide

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion