You are not logged in.

• "Trees&Leaves" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 13th 2012

Language Team: Icelandic

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, April 13th 2012, 2:48pm

Hello from Iceland.

Hey, so I'm Jon.

I'm 19, from Iceland and currently situated in the UK and would like to offer my help, whatever that might be.
I'm not exceptionally talented, I do however speak good English and Icelandic and I have worked in translating and transcribing before.
If there's anything I could help with at all then I'd be glad to start whenever.
I'm basically sick and tired of living in this society which I have no choice of being a part of and would like to contribute to something good and worthwhile. Let me know if there's anything.

Hope this reaches new heights.

Regards,

Jon. :yinyang:

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Diana, nomada

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Friday, April 13th 2012, 3:54pm

Hey Jon, welcome to the team!

As far as I know, the Icelandic team hasn't shown a whole lot of signs of life lately, we have no linguistic team coordinator for the Icelandic language.

That being said, we have so many translation projects you could get involved in, there's a list here (check out the "Translations" tab)

A project in particular that would jump in mind would be "Paradise or Oblivion", which allowed all teams to work together as part of a big translation marathon. That was awesome, we completed 29 translations so far!!

Please let us know where you'd like to go from here, I'll gladly show you around and answer your questions :)

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion