• "sarjuva" is male
  • "sarjuva" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 26th 2011

Language Team: finnish (suomi)

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, June 18th 2012, 5:04pm

Heipä hei! A long overdue introduction from a finnish speaker and LTI member

Hello!

I've been for long casually translating from english to finnish some material and have been lurking/ silently participating TS3-meetings for several years.

Since Mice has had some changes in his life, i recently decided to take coordination tasks of the finnish language LT. So if you have any questions about translations to finnish, i'll help you with an answer.

Something about my background:
My first language is finnish and i also use english daily. I have studied also swedish (mandated by Finlands school system, as swedish is the other official language besides finnish), and some basics of french and esperanto far too long ago for those studies to be still usable. I've also glanced briefly basics of arabic, chinese, korean and japanese languages but never got excited enough to learn those (and then there is that 24 hours per day limit, world is far too intresting).

Currently i work for postal service as a newspaper deliverer and i study computer science in an university (not very actively though, if you know how studies can drag for years in finnish university system you what kind of situation i'm having).

I also love doing aerobics! It's my favourite way to spend time, and so is playing computer games.

2 registered users and 34 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Borislav/lizardman

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:38pm

Nice to know more about you and reinforce the good feeling of knowing you're around doing your best to help the Finnish volunteers :dance: :peace:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

sarjuva

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 10:08am

So should we say "welcome" or should we say, "What took you so long"? :D

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

sarjuva

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion