You are not logged in.

• "Jennifer" is female
  • "Jennifer" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 25th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 10:31pm

Hello! I couldn't come up with an interesting subject.

Heya!

My name is Jennifer and I'm new here (obviously). I've volunteered as a proof-reader for the English team. I love to read and write and feel I've got a decent grasp of the language. In truth, it's the only language I know fluently, aside from gibberish.

Um, about me... I'm currently 21 and staying in the Netherlands, but I was born and raised in the UK and unfortunately don't know any Dutch (yet). I moved here to be with my boyfriend; he's a native Dutchy.

At the moment my time is usually divided between temping work, freelance work and two distance learning courses; one is for a degree in psychology and the other is a comprehensive writing course. I think it goes without saying that I'd also like to add proof-reading - for the team here - into that list. :) Due to the unpredictable nature of my work, my schedule tends to be a bit irregular, but I'm sure I'll be able to contribute to the project even if it's just in a small way. I've been quietly following the Venus Project for a couple of years or more and I think it's about time I actually practically applied that support.

I don't think there's much else to say, really. I'm looking forward to working with everyone!

- Jen

3 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Di Anna, brunodc

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 10:50pm

Welcome Jen!! Great to have you joining!! ^^
Make yourself at home and feel free to scroll down the forum to explore it a bit. The English sub-forum is further dooooown in the Languages Playgrounds :D

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 28 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 2:05am

Welcome, Jen!

So nice that you've found your way here, Jen. Look around and become familiar with the Forum. There's a great Team here, waiting to meet you. Have fun and let me know when you're ready for the next steps.
((hugs)) from me,
Di (or Grandma Di ?) :)
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 24 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "Jennifer" is female
  • "Jennifer" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 25th 2012

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 11:18am

Thank you, both of you, for being so welcoming. :)

1 registered user and 24 guests thanked already.

brunodc

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion