You are not logged in.

Jay0007

Unregistered

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 4:29pm

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jay0007" (Oct 26th 2013, 2:12am)

1 registered user and 28 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, September 14th 2012, 11:48am

Hi : )

Hi @Jay0007: I replied to your email. I am glad you found the forum. Feel free to explore it a bit. We have a section for the Gujarati translators to communicate and help each others. Please post there, informing about anything that you do, like for example, now that you will start translating Z:Moving Forward. This way, other Gujarati visitors will know there are active volunteers in the team and they might join ;) http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…-gujarati-team/

For now, lets go straight to what you are looking for :smiley:
The video subtitles translation is done in dotsub. When fully translated and proofread, we move it to the Repository (another dotsub link but protected from further editing so the translations are kept safe) and to the Youtube channels.

To translate in dotsub you need to register. It takes only 10 minutes. Then you will be able to select your language and click translate and start. That simple ;) Here is the Working Location: http://dotsub.com/view/aa14042d-a091-44c0-861f-1d2acefb7c4f

In this forum there are English Proofreaders that can help you with finding the best meaning for some expressions, synonyms, etc; there are translators in many languages who translated Z:Moving Forward and they can help you with tips on how to translate too. So, whenever you have a question or need help with anything, just post in the forum, someone will answer sooner or later :thumbup:

I hope this helps you get started. If not, just ask.
cheers
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

33 guests thanked already.

Jay0007

Unregistered

Friday, September 14th 2012, 6:23pm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jay0007" (Oct 26th 2013, 2:13am)

36 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, September 14th 2012, 8:24pm

Hi Jay! :)
It seems that you can not translate online, directly on dotsub? Is that it? If that is the case, please register in dotsub, go to the Zeitgeist Moving Forward location , sign in and click on the orange links for the languages you wish to download - in this case, English. It will download the English script for you. Then you just have to open it on a text editor and substitute the English for Gujarati.

This is how you can go to any Working Location (video translation link in dotsub) and download the English script in order to translate offline in a text editor. I hope it helps ; )

Let me know if you need help with any of this.

hugs
rodrigo
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

38 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion