You are not logged in.

• "Moussy8580" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 11th 2013

Language Team: ukrainian, russian

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, February 11th 2013, 2:49am

Ukrainian/Russian Mouse to the rescue! :)

Hi,
my name is Olga but you can call me Mouse :)
I was born in Ukraine and am fluent in Russian and Ukrainian as well as English. I've been living in the US since 2008. I am vegan and conscious about many things. I dream to live long enough to see the Venus project turn into reality, therefore I would like to help. I saw a lot of activity going on in Russian group, but almost nothing - in Ukrainian. I guess I'll go post there :) Please, if my help could be needed/appreciated with translating into Russian, I am also available and willing to help!

3 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sarjuva, Sonya Prirodoman, EcoKate

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, February 11th 2013, 8:15am

Hi Mouse!! That is great news to have you joining! :bighug:

What would you like to translate? There are many materials in many formats, video subtitles, PDFs...
There is a forum section for the Russian team and another for the Ukranian team. Feel free to post something down there so they can celebrate your arrival and can help guide you ^^

There is also a facebook group which is great to be aware of Ling.Team news, in case you have an account:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/LinguisticTeamInternational/

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions ;)
hugs

PS - We are collecting and publishing the wonderful texts people write when they introduce themselves, when they give permission for it. Would you mind that we make your text public? And with or without your name?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Moussy8580

Monday, February 11th 2013, 1:32pm

Hi Nomada!
Happy to be here-thanks for a warm welcome! Finally I will be the part of something that is important! :)
I did introduce myself in the Ukrainian team, waiting to hear back. And I will let my dog check out the FB page (I personally am not on FB for oh-so-many reasons, but my dog is there, she's way too social to give it up!).
I am open to any kind of materials to translate.. But on the second thought, PDFs or something text would work the best. This way, i can sit on a couch and work while still watching my 1yo son running around! :D
You can sure use my introduction, with my name, if you find it interesting! :)
Thanks!

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, February 11th 2013, 7:52pm

Thank you, Mouse! I will spread your beautiful words right away ;)

Until someone from the Ukranian or the Russian teams reaches you, here are 2 tutorials on how to use both tools, for translating PDFs and for video subtitles. Youmight want to conseider contacting the Russian team before you engage in the translation of PDFs, since they work on a different tool then the rest of the teams so we wouldn't be able to know if those same materials are already translated or not.

http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9zQoYWBd0

The video translation locations are here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…-english-dep-t/

hugs :bighug:
Ask anything you need and have fun ^^
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

31 guests thanked already.

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 5:25am

Thanks a bunch! *gone tutorialing*

34 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion