You are not logged in.

• "PL1979" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 19th 2013

Language Team: Persian

Focus Group: Translator

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 7:56pm

Translator - English to Persian (Farsi)

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and I'm hoping to help with translating the Zeitgeist and TVP material to Farsi (Persian). I have some ideas on what I want to do. I would love to start by translating the Zeitgeist movies. I have translated random things in the past but nothing to this extent. If anyone wants to provide any guidance on the process and any software, etc that are useful and available, that would be much appreciated. Any suggestions or recommendations are most welcome. I'm considering translating in the form of subtitles or doing voice-overs. I would imagine the latter would be more challenging but also more useful.

A bit about me... I'm a Canadian-Iranian.... I'm as 50/50 as they come. I have an MSc in Electrical Engineering from the University of Calgary, specializing in power systems. Anything else you'd like to know, just ask. Looking forward to working with you guys.

Pirouz

41 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 8:46pm

Hi Pirouz!! I am glad to see you joining for a team that is growing and adding translations in a language that didn't had almost anything until now. So cool!! :)

This is very easy. Use the forum to communicate all that you intend to do or have done, so other newbies can more easily find their place and feel motivated to join. There is a Farsi section where you can post every time you start on a project, request for help proofreading your translations, etc... http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ian-farsi-team/

So where can you find the projects to translate? 2 Locations, because we have 2 different platforms for translation, both online: one for videos - Dotsub.com; and another for text materials - pootle.linguisticteam.org You have to register in them if you wish to translate online. That makes it easier for everyone.

Then, the text materials are in Pootle, so that makes it easy to find them. But BECAUSE YOU PREFER VIDEOS, the video projects you can find them in this forum section: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…-english-dep-t/

You can copy the information, including the working location, from any of those threads (one for each project) and post it in the Persian forum section, for example, so other Persian speakers can easily feel at home when they arrive ^^
There are more stuff I want to share, but maybe later. Throw any questions as you feel you are ready for more ;)

I'll just share here the links to the Working Locations of the Zeitgeist Documentaries, as you mentioned them:
Zeitgeist: Adendum - http://dotsub.com/view/7281f5dc-d4b1-4315-abb7-143becd34f49
Zeitgist: Moving Forward - http://dotsub.com/view/aa14042d-a091-44c0-861f-1d2acefb7c4f
Zeitgeist: The Movie - http://dotsub.com/view/719b1e31-08c2-4148-96de-9297d3539465

I hope you have fun around here!! :D
hugs
rodrigo
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 9:30pm

Thanks Rodrigo... Great info.

I'll start exploring and I'll send you a note if I have any questions or comments.

p.

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 9:41pm

Welcome, Pirouz

Hello! :wave:
Thank you, Pirouz, for the nice introduction. How wonderful to have you in the Community. My name is Di and I work with the English Team. Sweet Nomada has given you some very good instructions. My advice is to take your time and get comfortable learning the Forum and the tools, not to mention the wonderful family of LTI.
((hugs)) from me,
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 10:49pm

Thanks for the note Di. I'll definitely roam around in the forum and get familiar with it. It does seem like you guys are a pretty tight family :-) Glad to have joined the team.

p.

2 registered users and 34 guests thanked already.

nomada, Di Anna

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2016

Language Team: farsi

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 8:02pm

HELP with TATOO in FARSI MISTAKE???

My friend got tattoo and somone told him there is a mistake.
ANY ONE please can translate from FARSI to ENGLISH exactly what is written on
this tattoo? Its really important. Any help appreciate it.

www.goo.gl/8qxBSu
farsihelp has attached the following image:
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 2.44.48 PM.png

21 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion