You are not logged in.

• "MartinS" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 20th 2013

Language Team: Czech

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 8:54am

New volunteer! English-Czech translator

Hello community!

My name is Martin and i would really like to contribute to the world by joining the Czech translation team and help them spread awareness about The Venus Project in my Country. I got my eyes on TVP and TZM since 2010 and my question was always like "what can i do to help them?" So, i just want to explore one of those answers to my question.

So here i am. :-)

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 10:26am

Hi Martin!! Welcome!! You are in the right place! :)
What would you like to focus as type of materials? Video? Website? Books? Don't get scared with 'websites' or 'books'; rarely only one person translates the whole thing but rather it is a cumulation of efforts that completes a project ;)

a) If you would like to start with a video translation, register on dotsub.com and give a look at what projects there is in this table: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos

b) If you would like to focus on the TVP website or other text materials, check this tutorial on how to register and select projects on the online platform that we use to assist us and collaborate in such projects: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle

Feel free to ask anythingyou need; it will be a pleasure to guide you in these first steps :thumbup:

* If by any chance you manage yourself, I would like to suggest something that is of the most importance and is lacking: Share what you do in the Czech section of this forum, so we can start to build some communication and collaboration between Czech volunteers: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ina-czech-team/

There are also general meetings every 2 weeks, on Saturdays, including today, if you would like to join ;)
They happen on Team Speak: https://www.facebook.com/events/189866577847235/?ref=3

Hope you enjoy being around and have fun ; )
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

43 guests thanked already.

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 11:26am

Thank you!
It actualy doesn't matter what i'm gonna do. But i rather like to work with texts ,so since i'm registered on Pootle which is realy good website i can try some of those. I saw in there bunch of untranslated stuff so i can work on it from my part in beginning.

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, July 21st 2013, 12:23am

That sounds great Martin!! : ) In your Pootle settings you can choose projects and later a Pootle admin will give you access to them.

You might find a good idea to post in the Czech forum section whatever you start working at, so we can involve other volunteers and create some collaboration there ; )

If you wish to help in the translation of the book The Best That Money Can't Buy (no Czech volunteers yet : ( send an email to Ray (gmanzm@gmail.com) and Ray will send you instructions for that ; )

Have fun!! Ask anything you need.
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

44 guests thanked already.

Sunday, July 21st 2013, 9:33am

Indeed! The TBTMCB book comes to my mind in first place. I will gladly put some work on that book! I will e-mail Ray then and set up things with him, i also let people know what i'm doing in the Czech section of the forum.

2 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada, Borislav/lizardman

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion