You are not logged in.

• "Geekster" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 5th 2013

Language Team: Danish

Focus Group: Translator

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 11:17pm

Greetings from Denmark

Hi all

I'd like to help with translations where ever it's needed the most. As the title indicates I'm from Denmark.
I don't have any practical experience, but I do tend to switch between thinking in Danish or English.
A have a lot of passion for the Venus Project. But feel I'm wasting time not contributing much beyond thinking a lot.

If someone could point me to where I could be of most help, I'm willing and eager to learn. though quite the reserved type.

2 registered users and 53 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Yayita

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 11:42pm

Hi geekster!! Welcome!! :)
I am sure the fellows from the Danish team will be very happy to see you arrived to help :thumbup:

Registering in the forum and posting something was a great start! Communication allow for collaboration and organization of efforts so we can achieve more and with better quality in our voluntary and amateur short time :D
Say something in the Danish forum section: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…sk-danish-team/
...and in the Danish language team facebook too https://www.facebook.com/groups/45480691…454819924568245
... so you get in contact with some of the volunteers and shak'em up :D

Let us know what are you motivated to help with? Translate video subtitles,website pages, "The Best That Money Can't Buy" book...? all the translations are done in online platforms and it is very easy. If you tell us what is your preference of focus we can guide you to the right platform and make it easier for you to get started. Just let us know :thumbup:

Here is a facebook group to which you might want to connect too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LinguisticTeamInternational/

Ask anything you need, and have fun! ^^
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 53 guests thanked already.

Geekster

Friday, September 6th 2013, 12:12am

Ok. Applied for the facebook groups. Read, or rather skimmed the guidelines as my ability to focus on most text unfortunately wears out quite fast. I'd say I'm quite adverse to repetition, keen on patterns.

Only in the last month or so has this truly dawned on me. I'm a very insecure person.

Anyway, this is not about who I am but rather what I can, hopefully, do to help.

I'm drawn towards "The Best That Money Can't Buy" as I own and, more importantly, have read it. ;)

Kind regards
Morten

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

nomada

Friday, September 6th 2013, 12:31am

But what I took from the guidelines is that I need to go to sleep. :)
Hope to continue this tomorrow.

1 registered user and 45 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, September 6th 2013, 2:13am

I'm drawn towards "The Best That Money Can't Buy" as I own and, more importantly, have read it. ;)

Great! In order to join hat project, send an email to Ray (gmanzm@gmail.com) and he will send you intructions and he NDA so you can get started. I know there are sometranslators working on that project and being a book they will surelly love to know you are coming to help ;)

The guidelines are mostly about the English transcriptions and proofreading focus. Don't worry about that for now. Ask anything you need and there are plenty of folks around to help you out or guide you in anything you might need :thumbup:
Sleep well :)
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Geekster

• "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, September 6th 2013, 11:06am

Hey Geekster, welcome to the team! You don't have to worry about thinking too much. Everyone helps anyway they can. If by thinking, you mean that you are not sure about the Venus Project or the RBE, don't worry. I don't think that many guys are "sure" about what we are doing, meaning that we know exactly what the RBE or the future or the transition will be. I do not think it is helpful to "be sure", because it is a static frame of mind and if you hold on to it, you may miss some emergent realities.

As for the insecurity, I don't think there is such a thing, don't worry. They just tell us there is, because some people are considered "normal" and others not.
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 60 guests thanked already.

Geekster

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion