• "Patthology" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 5th 2013

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 9:04pm

Landing in 3, 2, 1...

Finally arrived! It's great to be here.
I guess I should tell a little about myself, so here it goes:

Where to start? Well, my name is Patricia, but it's way better if you call me Patt. And I'd like to say that my country is the Earth, but that would not tell much to any of you; let's just say that (conventionally, by meaningless imaginary lines) I'm from Maldonado, Uruguay.
Also, the Earth has revolved around the sun 17 times since my birth, so I guess I'm quite young.
I have been learning english since I was 7. So, even though Spanish is my native language I speak fluent English (I'm sure I may still make mistakes some time or other, but anyway). I have PET, FCE, CAE... and all that stuff.

My hobbies are the violin (which I have been studying for about 3 years and really trully love), my theater classes, and reading. Basically, my favorite literary genres are Epic fantasy, Science fiction, Dystpian fiction, and History; but, hey, that doesn't mean that I don't read other genres. I do also love Role-playing games (such as Dungeons and Dragons), cats, meditation, and coffe. Right now I'm doing a Bachelor of Laws, but next year I'll finally be able to go to the capital, Montevideo, to study what I love: anthropology. I'm just so excited about it. My mother says that I won't find any job, but, oh well. It's the system that is all wrong, not me nor my passions.

When I heard about The Venus Project, I coudn't help but loving it. It's just the only logical solution I can think of, and as such, I would be happy to help somehow. I'm in TVP Foundation Course trying to learn as much as possible, but meanwhile I'd like to help with translations! Aaaand, that's why I'm here.

I hope to be hearing soon from you all!

1 registered user and 45 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, October 5th 2013, 10:12pm

Ηey Patty. Welcome on board. I'm so happy to see young people around here. I am 21 and when some of my friends found out I was into TZM and TVP they told me "it's great that someone so young is spending his time on these things" and I told them "You think I am young? I bet that in the next 2-3 years you will see much more younger people than me spending their time for sustainability activism, thanks to technology improvement".

As far as your parents disposition against your passion, I would like to share something with you. I really feel for you, since my parents have the same disposition against my passion (music). So what, if we don't find a job doing the thing we love? At least we will do what we love. Would you prefer to spend a lifetime doing something you hate without ever trying to chase your dream(s)? The "transition movement" is moving forward, so that even you have economic problems, there are ways to secure nutrition and shelter and companionship. No-one really wants a job. All people want is access to the necessities of life so that they can chase their dreams and interests (e.g anthropology). I am not saying that you should agree with me, but just try to think about it and discuss it. Probably not with your parents, because they will certainly hate me for telling you this :)
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

2 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

Ray, Patthology

• "Patthology" is female

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 5:04pm

Thanks a lot, Jimmy! I agree with you. What's life if you can't do what you love?

44 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, October 7th 2013, 11:35pm

It's the system that is all wrong, not me nor my passions.
:thumbsup: whowhowho!!! What lovely quote!

Hi Patt!! It really makes me happy to see you arriving here to join this global collaboration to unify humanity towards a better future! I loved your introduction! I tend to use 'turns around the sun' lately, more often than years, when is someone's birthday. Some people don't connect right away that that is what they are celebrating :rofl:

Your language skills will be wonderful!! There are 2 platforms online where we do most translations: www.dotsub.com and http://pootle.linguisticteam.org/ One for video subtitling and another for text materials. Register in them. And say 'hi' in the Spanish forum section, which is waaaaaydooownatthebottomofthefoooruuuum. On your way there you can have a notion of what there is to explore hehe ^^

If you need any further guidance, just ask.
Great to have you around!!
hugs :fc-star:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Patthology

• "Patthology" is female

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 12:26am

Thanks, nomada! I had alredy registred in both of the platforms. We'll be reading us!

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

nomada