• "xakx" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 22nd 2014

Language Team: Norwegian

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 9:00am

Namaste, greetings to all:)

Good Morning! I'm a 23 year old girl from Norway. I'm here to spread the words and wisdom of TVP to Norwegian trolls and goblins. Just started as an what? Activist/volunteer at TVP. Never done anything like this but I burn for the project so if some one could throw me a clue or point me in some directions that'd be great. Highly appreciated :) :)

Namaste, xox.

32 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 1:00pm

Hello! Welcome on board! I see you already found your way in the Norwegian forum. I guess you are here to translate and have some fun, right? So, what you already did is a good start. See if there are any Norwegian guys to help you get acclimated and get going as fast as possible. Some teams have co-ordinators, and they are usually the guys responsible for guiding and helping everyone. However, there are other teams which don't have co-ordinators or active people, so that's what we' re here for. For the moment, you are probably interested in two folders: translation and proofreading. You can find in them the project you want to take on. In each project's thread you can find all relevant info about the project so that you know its status (eg. if the initial translation is done, if it had any problems, any difficult words, if someone is currently working on it etc.). If you see that no-one is currently on the project you are interested in, you can post in the related thread that you are on it, and start working on it. You can find the project's working location in its thread of course. In this thread you can post about any questions or problems regarding the project so that others are able to help you. When you are done, you can notify the others in the same thread so that they know it's ready for the next stage (eg. initial proofreading). If you see that there are no active translators, just contact me, and I'll tell you what we can do to see if there are any active volunteers and how we can find them.

That's all for starters. You probably have questions, or you will have in the future, so hit me up whenever you want. The only stupid questions are the ones we don't ask.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

xakx

• "xakx" is female

Translation Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:26pm

Questions

Thank you for the information.
I don't think the Norwegian group has many activ people so here are my questions.
When taking on a project you can choose 3 different languages so do I pick norwegian on each one or?
are pottle and dotsub the same? or what's the difference?

Thanks in advance ^^

31 guests thanked already.
  • "xakx" is female

Translation Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:47pm

one more thing, where do I find the videos on dotsub I've translated?
Have fully translated one video but can't seem to find some sort of history on it.

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 11:50pm

Welcome xakx!

The first thing to do would be to connect with a team coordinator, @kbrekken: is currently the coord for the Norwegian Team, and I just 'called' him to this post with the formatting I used around his name. Hopefully, he will soon see it and reply to you either here or to your post in the Norwegian section of the forum. ^^

As for finding any videos that you have already worked on, we have no way of helping with that.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

27 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 8:22am

@xaxk

Hey buddy. Do you remember which video was it? What do you want to do with it? Maybe you can find the project's thread in your team's forum. Have you tried to do a search? You can find the search box on the top right of your screen.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

27 guests thanked already.
  • "xakx" is female

Translation Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, April 25th 2014, 10:43am

Thanks for anwsers:)
Wasn't gone do much with it, was just curious. I can somewhat remember which ones I've done:)

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion