Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translation Proofreader
Language Team Assistant
LTI Administration Group

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 5:31am

Australian, Native English, +10hrs UTC

Well, I guess I am in "boots and all"!

Hoping to assist in areas of transcribing English. High-level proof reading skills that come from correspondence on legal matters with Australian government departments - both sides, inside & out. More of a numbers person though have low-level spoken conversation skills in languages from Mandarin & Cantonese, Punjabi, Arabic, Turkish, French, German and American that should assist in proof-reading translated works into English. Might need an initial hand to hold whilst getting up to speed on the particular software for this purpose. I have previously been called a SuperUser and also that I have 'Sexy Fingers' when it comes to unfamiliar computer systems. 1989, qualified with 38.5ASWPM & 14000Kph, private and public colleges.
:file-doc: :file-xls: :file-wps: :file-pub: :file-txt: :file-pdf: :file-zip: :file-gif: :file-jpg: :bow:

2 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

rock3r, ralle4

Date of registration: Jun 22nd 2014

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: English Transcriber

Saturday, June 28th 2014, 11:24pm

Welcome !

Welcome to the forum,

Im also new to the forum but nevertheless very familiar with the ideas TVP projects. It sounds like you're full of experience and skills, hope you can start contributing a.s.a.p.

Good luck to you mate,

- Jon B.

40 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 7:27am

Hello, mcSmith. You're most welcome, my friend, since the English department is inactive right now. I am a member of the English department, so I can help you get started. If you are interested in engaging in projects of the English language, you can read our Guidelines as a starter. If you are interested in learning more, let me know and we''ll get to the more practical part of it. Feel free to ask anything. The only dumb questions are the ones we never make.

Truly yours,
CP
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ralle4

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion