You are not logged in.

• "Spheiros" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2014

Language Team: Spanish, Catalan

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 5:01pm

Hello I'm Marcus

Hello
I am Marcus, my facebook name is Mark Enoch. Zeitgeist Addendum changed my life and since I have been promoting change and divulging. I have a masters degree in electrical engineering and was interested in working in renewable energy but after working 2 years as a seismic technician, for various reasons I decided I give more importance to my freedom than to having a solid job. Since then I have been making a living teaching English, translating and restoring property of my parents. I would prefer to only do activism but don't like being an economic burden to my partner, and I love my parent's property. I have proof-read various oceanographic publications. I have translated a letter to the editor in a key international medical journal, and I continue to work regularly for the author. I have also transcribed and translated the subtitles for drug user videos and open money videos, from French, Catalan and Spanish to English.
I was born in the USA and continue to summer in Boothbay Harbor. When I was 7 we moved to Quebec. When I was 14 we moved to Reus (Spain) where I currently reside. My parents are prominent oceanographers and since I was a kid I had social difficulties always feeling that everybody was very stupid. Luckily as an early teen I became interested in the spiritual and with drugs I slowly learned how to let go and mingle. After many mistakes I realized that my superiority complex was a cover for an inferiority complex. All my spiritual reading and searching began to give fruit and humility and drugs and alcohol let me learn how to relate with others and I realized that what I saw as flaws in others were really just projections of my own shortcomings. Now I feel I understand most all holy texts and spiritual teachings but I will always still be learning how to put them into practice. I have a few phrases of my own that I like to remind myself of and try to live by. I have some practices and philosophies of my own which I sometimes refer to, I call them Inclusivism, which is a practical solution to escape dualism (also known as the Plato truth virus), and free yoga, which is how I finally cured my physical injuries and pains.
I have strange opinions and until recently I wasn't able to be myself and get along with people. Now I am very social and get along with all sorts of different people and have many friends.
I love drugs and think they are good although they have to been taken carefully. I love Terrence Mckenna's essays. Unlike many would expect I also like to take care of my health and be very responsible!
I believe in polyamory and I am living with an amazing woman with who we hope to be able to start a family soon.
We only buy organic food and we are learning how to only buy fairtrade or second-hand clothing. Next step, fairtrade technology.
I am promoter of open money systems here in Catalunya and in Boothbay Harbor, using the Community Exchange System platform.
I hope to spend more than a few hours a week on TVP.

There I think I have given a pretty good idea of who I am.
:D

1 registered user and 68 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc

• "Spheiros" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2014

Language Team: Spanish, Catalan

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 7:45pm

Sorry, I forgot to say what language team I would like to participate in. I would like to start with Spanish and once I learn the ropes I might start a new team for Catalan.

58 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, September 10th 2014, 8:39am

Hello, Marcus. Welcome on board. If you would like to help the Spanish team, you can scroll down the main forum page and under "Language Playgrounds" you can find the Spanish team forum. Feel free to introduce yourself there so that the Spanish people will help you get started.

Feel free to ask anything. The only dumb questions are the ones we don't ask.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

59 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Oct 8th 2015

Language Team: Catalan

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Public Relations Group

Friday, October 9th 2015, 8:51am

Hi Marcus,

I just wrote to David (if you search "catalan" in the forum it will come up) to see if you two are still interested in starting a Catalan team. I'm new in here and I'm going to start with the Spanish team, but I'm willing to help with the Catalan if you are still interested. How is it going? Any advice?

Thanks!

Alba

44 guests thanked already.

Used tags

intro

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion