• "Scar" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2014

Language Team: Netherlands - Dutch

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, November 24th 2014, 10:35am

If you ain't Dutch...

Good morning everyone!

My name is Oscar Dijkstra,
I come from & live in the Netherlands. I study Biology & Medical Laboratory Research at the university of Leiden and I'm doing my internship at the moment at the Dutch Institute of Sea Research on Texel. Here i study the algae and ligands (iron binding molecules) and the function of these things. My specialization is Microbiology.

I've known about TVP for some time now. I forgot how I found it but ever since I did I've been interested and willing to do something to support it (besides spreading the word). This means I wish to join the Dutch translation team and hope to get as much translated in the time I have besides my internship. I've been talking English since I've started playing videogames so in a short guess that would be at least 12 years now. I make some grammar mistakes every now and then but that only happens when I'm typing in a hurry ;)

I'm hoping to get started soon and if you guys have any questions, ask away!

Signature from »Scar« We slit the throat of mother nature
And became drunk off of her blood

46 guests thanked already.
  • "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 2:50pm

Greetings Oscar! My name is David aka Mr_B. Please forgive our tardy reply, this one seems to have slipped thru the cracks!

The Dutch translation forum is here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…nds-dutch-team/

What I suggest you do next is to post a greeting in a new thread there as well, and the Dutch coord should reply back to you for some basic orientation and the current priorities. I also see a specific thread for new arrivals here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…ew-translators/

If you do not receive a timely response, reply back to me. Thanks!
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Scar

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion