You are not logged in.

• "Sanju-sama" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2015

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Friday, March 27th 2015, 1:55am

Greetings from the Caribbean

Hello everyone. I'm a male, 24 years old and still a college student. Aiming for my second bachelors. English is my native (and for now,only) language.

Always been interested in nature and the wonders the universe has to offer. Love exploring and meeting new people.

My father's side of the family have traditionally always been farmers. My mother was a banker and my father was a government worker. Growing up, I had many questions which they always answered, despite being discouraged from disclosing certain information even to their offspring. I had trouble coming to terms with the mainstream system as it baffled me at every turn. TZM helped me to discover like-minded individuals and TVP captured my interests for the type of future I want to see for our Earth.

So I'm new here and interested in getting involved with the English Proofreading team. Is there anyone who would be so kind as to direct me?
Signature from »Sanju-sama« “God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement. ” - Marcus Garvey

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sanju-sama" (Mar 27th 2015, 2:39am)

2 registered users and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, AlexAnderson2050

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Friday, March 27th 2015, 3:14pm

Welcome to the Team!

Hello Sanju :wave:

Welcome to LTI and the English Team! I love your introduction! Thank you for telling us about your family and how you became interested in TZM and TVP. You are doing the absolute right thing by 'getting a feel for the place'. I would suggest beginning slowly. The LTI Forum is BIG, and it would be a good idea just to look around and get comfortable.

Much of what I do for TZM and TVP is proofreading video subtitles, and if that's your interest, I'll be happy to help you in that area. I'm a retired English teacher and librarian.

When you look around the forum, there are several areas you can go to get acclimated, starting with the LTI Guidlelines HERE. As you read through the Guidelines, don't hesitate to ask questions by posting here on the Forum. If you are browsing the Active Projects, we often suggest beginning with stage 1 or 2 of proofreading (PR1 or PR2). But before you can do that, you will need an account on dotSUB.com, which is the tool we use to proofread and edit video subtitles. When you setup an account on dotSUB.com, let me know your username and I'll add you to the English proofreading group of ninjas.

Meanwhile, just take your time getting used to the Forum, the English Guidelines, dotSUB.com, and the wonderful community of believers who live here. @Mr_B: will probably pop in to say 'hello' and welcome you as well. He's a faithful member of the English Team and can tell you about other stages in the process like transcribing and timeshifting.

Again, welcome! We are very happy that you found your way here!
((hugs)) :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Sanju-sama, AlexAnderson2050

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, March 27th 2015, 8:30pm

Welcome Sanju!

What part of the Caribbean do ye hail from? I've sailed those waters in years past, Yar!

The BVI perhaps?
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

44 guests thanked already.
  • "Sanju-sama" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 27th 2015

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 10:36pm

@Di Anna Thanks for the welcome. I will check those links out and dig in.
@Mr B "Yar!" That's funny. I'm from Jamaica, not the BV isles, I'm afraid. I hope you had a good time "sailing the waters", lol.
Signature from »Sanju-sama« “God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement. ” - Marcus Garvey

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion