• "Dayton" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 28th 2015

Language Team: Russian

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 4:36pm

From Russia with love

Hello, friends.

My name is Dmitry Tonkikh. I live in Voronezh, Russia. I work as SAP BI consultant (keyword "big data" is all you need to know :). I'm 23 years old and I also study as a postrgraduate in local Technical University. Theme of my scientific work is optimization of transportation system for a large industrial holding. Also have some programming, SQL and knowledge engineering skills on board. All of this kinda requires some polishing, but I sincerely hope, these skills would be of use for us in the future.

But let's get closer to our subject, after all its Linguistic team, right? I've also studied translation in professional communication and have appropriate degree, that's why I am here. I believe, that we all together can turn the world to a better future and I will do my best to bring this bright tomorrow closer.

I am eager to get to work and can't wait to get hands on my first project :)

Translating, proofreading or whatever I can help with - I'll be glad to do it.

Yours faithfully,
Dmitry Tonkikh

PS. Yes, it looks like some bravado to me too, can't help the feeling that I'm touching something timeless :)

3 registered users and 44 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom, AlexAnderson2050, Ray

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, April 19th 2015, 12:54am

Greetings Dmitry, please excuse this tardy reply, and welcome to the family!

In case you have not arrived there yet, the Russian Team is here , and from there you can jump right into projects.

FYI, I also work as a consultant, and also in the IT field, but opposite of your front-end app/compute side ala SAP, that is, I work in the back-end hardware, ie petabyte-scale enterprise data storage arrays, to store the actual SAP databases and other data.

I also, like you, think LTI is the place to be in my spare time, to help with making significant contributions to the outreach of TZM/TVP/RBE videos, by way of subtitling and translating them to the world. It is indeed a noble cause.

And you're right, it is timeless.

Sincerely & Regards

Dave aka Mr_B
English Dept Proofer

PS: If you are doing post graduate scientific work in "transportation optimization" then *surely* you have heard of Jacque Fresco and www.thevenusproject.com, right?
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

3 registered users and 38 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

AlexAnderson2050, Ray, Dayton

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion