Date of registration: Apr 16th 2015

Language Team: Persian (Farsi)

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 10:35pm

Alex Anderson, an Earthian (inhabitant of planet Earth) currently living in Tehran, Iran.

Hello,

This is Alex Anderson; an English teacher who has never been able to limit himself to the confines of one single country. I have enough reasons to believe that one of the best paths we can take in the future is sharing all the resources of our unique and beautiful planet equally with everyone. As Jacque Fresco correctly stated in his brilliant book The Best That Money Can't Buy: Beyond Politics, Poverty, & War (2002),

Quoted

"Our times demand the declaration of the world’s resources as the common heritage of all people." [Page 9 of 126, paragraph 6, the last sentence]
Since actions speak louder than words, I have decided to help The Venus Project become a reality by any means that I can. For the time being, what I can do is being active in Linguistic Team International Forum as a translation proofreader and possibly in the near or far future as a translator. I'm also interested in being active in the timestamp adjustment team.

I welcome everyone who has the same goal here to cooperate with me on this project.

Kind regards,

Alex Anderson

PS: I had already joined this forum in the past. Since I decided to change my user name, I had to delete the previous account and add this new one.
Signature from »AlexAnderson2050« _________________________________________________________________
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed;
if in terms of ten years, plant trees;
if in terms of 100 years, teach the people."
~Confucius (551–479 BC), Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AlexAnderson2050" (Apr 19th 2015, 5:55am) with the following reason: Adding a new link to this message

3 registered users and 54 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, Ray, Di Anna

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, April 17th 2015, 10:07pm

Welcome, again, Alex! ^^

If you haven't yet reviewed them, you should check out the LTI Guidelines, which will provide you with much insight into many issues that come up in our handling of RBE-specific materials, and how we handle them for consistency.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

AlexAnderson2050, Di Anna

• "AlexAnderson2050" is male
  • "AlexAnderson2050" started this thread

Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 1:28pm

Thanks for your welcome message. ☺

Hello dear Ray, :smiley:

Thank you for your welcome message and also for your guiding me to the correct way to go and follow on this forum. You saved me a lot of time and I really appreciate it.

I will read the entire LTI Guidelines right now and will spend at least one hour a day here to help make The Venus Project a reality.

Kind regard,
Alex

Signature from »AlexAnderson2050« _________________________________________________________________

54 guests thanked already.
  • "AlexAnderson2050" is male
  • "AlexAnderson2050" started this thread

Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 6:22pm

What I have done so far, following your valuable advice to me. ☺

Hello again dear Ray, :)

Just after receiving your message, I read/visited/watched the following documents/Websites/video clips to get myself as familiarized with the LTI forum as possible:

Obviously, it took me more than one hour to read all the above, (I dedicated the entire afternoon and the evening for this purpose), but it was well worth the time I spent for it.

Thanks to you and your valuable suggestion about were to look to find useful information, now I feel more at home and theoretically ready to be more active on the LTI forum.

What I don't exactly know now is what I can actually do as the next step. I am willing to start my very first proofreading task (preferably on a short video clip) but still don't know where to begin. Undoubtedly, there should be some clips with higher priority for proofreading and I would be grateful to you if you could direct me to them.

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Kind regards,
Alex

PS: In case you are currently too busy, I could also ask Misagh (msghamiri) to help me with this task. Thank you anyway.
^^

2 registered users and 54 guests thanked already.

Ray, Di Anna

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 4:25am

First, my apologies for the delay in my reply. Every month, I am pulled away from my 'normal' work to focus specifically on proofreading all TVP Magazine articles for the next upcoming issue. That work was just completed yesterday, so I am now trying to catch up on what I may have missed here.

Whew! That's a lot of info to absorb in such a short amount of time, but I'm glad to learn that you're now exposed to all of it. I'll also mention that there is more (Pootle, for example), but there is no need for you to seek out any more unless/until it becomes needed for what you choose to focus on.

Given that the Farsi Team is still very much in 'team-building' mode and, therefore, does not yet have a backlog of translated materials for you to proofread, you have already suggested in PM that you turn your attention to helping the English Dep't with their backlog. To hook yourself into that sub-system, you'll want to connect with @Di Anna:, so she can show you around the place and help direct you to projects that are still in need of your skills. For clarity, the LTI wiki's "Video Working Locations" page lists only video materials that have completely moved through the English Dep't, so that resource will not be of much help to you there. Instead, look to the threads you find within the English Dept's Active Projects board to gain an idea of the projects still needing attention before they can be made available to the translating teams, as well as the stage that they are currently in (transcription, first round proofreading, timestamp adjusting, second round proofreading, or final review).
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

7 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 6:38pm

This is Alex Anderson; an English teacher who has never been able to limit himself to the confines of one single country,

Yayyy, you ARE? :cheer:

Welcome, my friend to LTI. Here, we are all 'one' anyway, so you'll love this place. AND... you're an English Teacher? I repeat: "Yayyy!" :cheer:

I'm sorry you haven't heard from me sooner. I've been away for a while on a mountain retreat (that's NC mountains), but I'm back now and just getting caught up.

Ray has given you some wonderful advice, and it appears that you have done your homework. At this point, you should look at the English Dept's Active Projects and choose a project that you would like to do. If you would like to choose a project that is up for Final Review, I would be glad to follow you with a second Final Review. Then, we could compare notes about any discrepancies we have.

Again, welcome aboard. So glad you're here!
((hugs)) :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 51 guests thanked already.

AlexAnderson2050, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion