Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 1:02am

Hello

Hello everyone! My name is Tez, and I'm originally from Wales but now I live in Spain. I would love to join the English-Spanish translation team. English is my only native language, though I would be very comfortable translating Spanish-English if that's any help. I have also learned Welsh, German and Russian at various times in my life though I fear that my ability to use those languages is not brilliant these days.
I work as an English language teacher and teacher trainer, and I have also worked as a proof reader, so I would be interested in joining the English proof reading team.

I hope to work with you all soon.

Tez.

5 registered users and 67 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, rock3r, zedom, ossi11111, AlexAnderson2050

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 1:30am

Welcome, Tez

Hello, Tez :wave:
My name is Di and I'm a retired English teacher. And YOU are an English language teacher and have worked as a proofreader, too? WheeHee! :dance:

My focus is mostly on Final Reviews with LTI, but I can help guide you with any of the video project proofreading. The very best way to start is by getting familiar with the forum itself. It can be a bit daunting at first, so take your time looking around and ask questions as you go.

If you haven't yet reviewed them, you should check out the LTI Guidelines. There are many issues which come up when we work on our projects, especially to get them translation-ready. Sometimes we bend the traditional English rules a bit. When you read through the Guidelines, you'll probably understand why we do that.

The projects ready for proofreading are located here in the Forum under Active Projects, so be sure to take a look at that as well. The tool we use for proofreading and editing subtitles is dotSUB.com. You will need to open an account and tell us your username, so we can add you to the English proofreading group.

But at this point, it's best just to settle in, get adjusted to the Forum working environment, and ask if you have any questions as you look around.

So glad you've found your way to our family. I look forward to working with you!
((hugs)) :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 59 guests thanked already.

rock3r, ossi11111

• "rock3r" is male

Date of registration: May 2nd 2014

Language Team: Albanian

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 10:44am

Welcome @tezp2002: the English-Spanish team will be happy to have you.
You can talk with another british wonderful person that translate to/from spanish as well :) @Sue: so you can talk to her.
Signature from »rock3r« Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed citizens can change the world.
indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
www.twitter.com/tvpalbania
www.facebook.com/projektivenus

1 registered user and 55 guests thanked already.

Aldi96

• "Sue" is female

Date of registration: May 26th 2011

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Thursday, June 4th 2015, 11:57am

Hey Tez!
Good to have you on board for proofing in english, you're a sight for sore eyes :D

I'm an expat too, been in Mallorca for 36 years now, and counting!
:bighug:

56 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion