• "Schecko" is male
  • "Schecko" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 29th 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, August 29th 2011, 1:51am

Backup from Germany

Hey there everybody,

Now here's some general information about me. My name is Philipp, I'm 19 years old and I live in Germany. I graduated from grammar school this year and I start a industrial training as a information technology officer in September.

Now how did I get around here? Well, the first time I saw Zeitgeist: The Movie was in 2009, i was quite facinated of these conspiracy theories, but my interest focused on the Financial system as I watched Zeitgeist: Addendum. But since then a lot of time elapsed. Now a few weeks ago I've seen Capitalism: a love story on TV, after this my interest for this topic started to rekindle. Yesterday I came across Zeitgeist: Moving forward, and finally I felt I had to do something. Now I joined the Zeitgeist Movement, but I also want to become active and since my English skills are quite good i thought I would really fit into the linguistic team.

I hope you can require my abilities in here :) I hope I will develop some programming skills due to my industrial training, which I of course will provide for you ;)

It would be nice, if you can show to me the most important threads how to get started:)

best whishes,
Philipp 8)

40 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:55am

Hey Schecko,

Welcome on board, my friend!

I think that the next step, now that you've knocked at the right door, is for you to become familiarized with the different teams that we have within the family and to find which task(s) you might enjoy being a part of.

My advice to you would be to ease into LTI by taking a look at what the German team is doing, and then get familiarized with our tools and gizmos as you're going along.

That is exactly the path I've taken with the French team. I started as a translator for written contents, and I "branched out" to allow myself to work globally, and not just for a particular language team. We're always trying to apply a global systems approach to our processes, and we're constantly experimenting to try to arrive at decisions, rather than to arbitrarily take them.

If you have questions to ask that aren't related to the German team directly, you can ask them in the Tea & Cookies section in the English Forum.

Please don't hesitate to give us feedback regarding your experience as you enter this team, this information is very important to us, as we're trying to come up with an approach to make our team members as comfortable as possible when they come in!

Hugs

51 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion