You are not logged in.

• "Elungtrings" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 8:33pm

Hello My name is Ryan Shuck, I am using my native english to transcribe subtitles...

And likely will spend a lot of time proof-reading what I see others are working on. I'm going to be happy getting to know you guys! (and cooperating with you on projects of course!!!)

I'll ask those who proof-read my transcribing to be my judge, And if I make mistakes, look forward to have my arse called on it, and if I'm doing very well transcribing, well I hope I get a reputation for that. I did happen to notice at least one mistake on the ZMF dvd torrent (while dr. Mate was speaking).

I am sure that I know correct english grammar (though I'm not flawless), But I only make the great effort to use it when it's important.

Alright! Great! I'm gonna go see if I can start on transcribing a video!

39 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 9:14pm

Hey my friend, here's a quick rundown of our process:

A new video comes to our attention, we add it to dotSUB an open it for everyone to transcribe.

- Transcription : the video is open for all to transcribe.

- Proofreading Round 1 : when the transcription is done, is goes through a first round of proofreading.

- Timeshifting : after a round of proofreading, we adjust the subtitles' timestamps so that they fit perfectly with the audio, so as to make them as readable and translatable as possible

After timeshifting, the video goes through 2 other rounds of proofreading : we call those steps "Proofreading Round 2" and "Final Review". The goal here is to get at least 3 people to check out the video, because some people might spot errors that other people might have overlooked.

The main place where to look for new projects to transcribe or proofread is the Working Locations page in the wiki.

We also strongly recommend that you give the Linguistic Team International Guidelines a serious look before taking on a project.

When someone feels like transcribing or proofreading a video, they post on the relevant forum thread to let everybody else know and avoid duplicate work.

While we proofread, we are taking some notes regarding some of the tougher spots where we had some difficulties, either because the speaker is barely audible, or if the sentence structure is weird, among other examples... You'll find that we have a notepad for every project.

This was a very quick summary of our activities (maybe too quick), so please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have regarding the process. :)

Welcome to the team, I hope you'll enjoy taking part in all the fun! ;)

[EDIT] P.S : I added you to the "English proofreaders" group on dotSUB so that you can have access to all those videos of ours :thumbsup:

34 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion