Date of registration: Feb 3rd 2019

Language Team: Netherlands

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Monday, February 4th 2019, 9:31am

Hello everyone

My name is Nils and im a 25 year old male from the Netherlands. I have known the Venus project for years but i stumblde up on it yesterday again, and would like to contribute, since it is very inspiring.

I have a degree in social work and i am now an second years "Environmental science for sustainable energy and Technology" student at Avans University.

I am about to chose my specialization and which way i want to go with my studies so i am looking to become more involved in this project.

It is an international study, so all the curriculum is in English, therefore i think i can be a great addition to the language team and even get some electives by helping out with translations, and spreading awareness in the Netherlands.

It is a great and inspiring cause, and it is great to meet you all.

Kind regards,
Nils

1 registered user and 7 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, February 6th 2019, 2:21am

Welcome aboard, @Nils Helderop:! :bighug:
Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself and your journey so far. I love your choice of majors, both past and present!

I'm Ray, the global coordinator for Linguistic Team Int'l.

As you may already be aware, there are a large number of important RBE-focused video (and also some text-based) projects available for anyone to help translate and/or proofread. The full list of projects that are ready for translating (meaning that the English Department has already completed their captioning and timestamping) can be found in the Open for Translation section of the forum, where you will find several text-based (Pootle) projects in one board, and many video projects (dotSUB) in another.

You will find some of those projects already fully completed and published in the Dutch Team's Published Translations board. You will also find some of those projects already started, but not yet completed, in the Dutch Team's Current Projects board, with each thread title prefixed to help make it clear what stage they are currently in (translation not yet completed, or ready for their first round of proofreading). If any of those 'started' projects interest you, let me know and I will guide you into whatever you select. If you prefer to start any of the other projects within our care (those that have not yet been started by anyone on the Dutch Team over the years), also make me aware and I will set up a master Dutch Team thread for it.

There is also a dedicated "Introduce Yourself" board within the Dutch Team section of the forum. If you duplicate what you've done here, it might inspire one or more of the older members to 'come out of hibernation' and become active again.

I am at your service, so do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have along the way.

Edit: Pootle has alerted me that you have selected a couple of projects within it. Please connect with me via PM so I can explain some important considerations about those projects before you dive in. You can gain some of that by reviewing our Pootle tutorial.

Hugs,
Ray
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Ray" (Feb 9th 2019, 1:07am)

6 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion