Date of registration: Nov 25th 2011

Language Team: English-French

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator

Friday, November 25th 2011, 6:25pm

Hello non-conformist citizens of the world! :-)

My name is Nick and I consider myself as a citizen of the world.
I'm a very open-minded and non-judgemental person.
I used to live both in France and overseas in the past and I've chosen to quit my "comfortable" situation in France in order to escape the system I'm fighting against.
I used to work as a professional basketbal coach and as a full time English teacher in high schools, being part of the public French educational system.
I've been active in the "occupy Amsterdam" movement. I'm actually living in A'dam at the moment to get fresh air and to help students and adults to improve their English skills.
I'm actually an international EFL teacher (University of Cambridge CELTA course) who is looking for a job.

I can teach French language as well.
Also, I've been studying and teaching astronomy over the past 15 years.
I'm very much into quantum physics and mechanics as well.
Sharing knowledge is probably one of the most wonderful things that can be given to someone to do. :-)
However, I've already done many jobs in my life so far (the more you do, the more you understand there is a whole lot to do!) and I got to the point where I don't want to be part of this system anymore.

I believe that a whole lifetime is not enough to discover and explore all the amazing things we can find on our gorgeous planet, whether it comes to places, cultures or people.
I believe in spirituality, energies and karmas.
I love travelling and got pretty much addicted to it.
Actually, I spent almost 3 years overseas in between 2003 and 2007: Reunion island (3 months), New Zealand (18 months) and Australia (one year).
I'm planning to head off Europe (again) next year in order to take photos and maybe make a documentary or write or book throughout Asia or South America, probably to end up living with chamans for a few months if I ever get a chance.
As a matter of fact, I don't believe in the current values of the Western society, its political and economic system.
It makes people very selfish and materially self-centred without they even notice it.
People critisise it in a non-constructive and productive way, they are very much into planned obsolescence without doing much against it, probably by fear of what the other people might think...but who cares?
People are even not able to communicate and interact properly anymore.
Consequently, I've been into supporting the ideas of the Zeitgeist movement for a while now .
I've chosen my side indeed and am willing to become as helpful and involved as I can in it or in the Venus project.

Thank you for reading me.
Take care people and keep fighting. :-)

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, Rakosnicek

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Friday, November 25th 2011, 6:58pm

Thank you for this extensive post, Nicofrodo! It's amazing how we have so interesting people brought here by the desire to see change and work to accomplish it.

Please ask if you need any help integrating into the team. We are one big family. Maybe a bit ugly one (kidding :D ), but happy. :) I hope you get this feeling after spending some time here. It's like a disease.

35 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion