You are not logged in.

• "number9" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 12th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Monday, November 12th 2012, 8:59pm

Hey everybody

My name is Nate. I'm in Chicago. As a huge advocate for sustainability, clean renewable energy, and a free & open global community, I'd like to get more involved in making those things a reality. I figured the Linguistics Team would be a good place to try to put my dusty old English degree to some use, so I'm here to help out with English Proofreading in whatever capacity my admittedly limited technical skills will allow. Looking forward to lending a hand!

Nate

22 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 5:51pm

Hi, Nate!

Great to see more people joining the English team, as it's a crucial one for all that we're doing. :)

Let us know if you need any help to get started and feeling at home.

23 guests thanked already.
  • "number9" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 12th 2012

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 6:16pm

Thanks, lizardman :) Quite honestly, this is kind of a new thing for me, so I have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

38 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 10:51pm

Hi again Nate! Welcome! ^^

Thre are quite a few things to consider in the English Team. We have developed the whole process and its stages towards the best possible quality and so the guidelines and communication evolve each day. Lets start by sowing you some corners ofthe house and the others later when you feel ready and want more info, ok?

Here is the Forum section for the English Team. In Proofreading and Timestamp Adjustment you will find the projects you can help with, in their respective stages (R1, Timeshifting, R2 and Final Review):
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ish-department/

Another way to see what we are working on, and much better to follow who is doing what and what there s to be done, is the wiki Videos page, in which you have first to scroll down a bit and you'll see a table with different tabs "Transcription" "Proofreading and TS..." "Translation" etc. Give it a look and let me know if it is clear. Many don't think so hehe.I'll guide you myself. Just ask, if you need. (skype: azoreno, facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rodrigo.cardoso.393 ) ;)

Most important of all, have fun!! :party:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 54 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

number9

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion