You are not logged in.

• "VSS" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: English Transcriber
Translator

Friday, January 18th 2013, 11:36am

Olá/Hello!

Greetings everyone! I'm Vanessa from Portugal.

I'm here to help in everything I can. Transcriptions and translations, probably :p

I have a graduation in Journalism and I've been in and out of unemployment since I left university. I'm currently unemployed now, which is not surprising right now, is it?

Anyway, I love reading and writing, I'm always trying to find new and interesting projects, I still use snail mail to correspond with friends (most of them left the country already), I collect stamps, I try to watch one documentary per day... and that's pretty much it.

4 registered users and 26 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Di Anna, Yayita, JPH

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, January 18th 2013, 3:40pm

Hi Vanessa!!! : )

Hi Vanessa!! What a great surprise!! welcome!!

I am Rodrigo, also portuguese, doing translations and proofreading in portuguese sometimes, but also focusing on the timeshifting of English transcriptions, coordinating several teams and helping in the admin group. So, if you need anything, I might be able to help you :kewlness:

Check the Portuguese forum section. There might be something to do there that fits your taste ;) If not, post something there asking for more projects and me or someone else will help you find them.
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…-team-european/

There is a linguistic team meeting tomorrow on team speak, if you want to join. It is a great feeling to have all these wonderful volunteers from all around the globe together ^^ There is a facebook event for it too: http://www.facebook.com/events/477147095654602/?ref=3

Glad to have you around, Vanessa!!
superhugs! :loveya:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 30 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, VSS

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, January 18th 2013, 3:46pm

Welcome, Vanessa!

Hi, Vanessa!
Nice to see you've found your way here! I'm on the English Team, and from your introduction, you probably will be a #1 Portuguese translator. You'll meet Nomada as soon as he flies by on his spaceship. :fc-alien: Anyway...I'm here on the English side of the Team and I'm happy to meet you!

Ah, yes...we have a meeting onTeamspeak tomorrow. You'll need to download the software, but it would be a good way to get a feeling for our Community.

((hugs)) from me,
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 26 guests thanked already.

VSS

• "VSS" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: English Transcriber
Translator

Friday, January 18th 2013, 5:24pm

thank you for your warm welcoming, i feel at home already (which means i can let go of capital letters - that's my usual way of informal writing).

i'll be checking those links out and i'll try to join the meeting tomorrow.

talking about the spaceshift... i think i won't be feeling like an alien here, but that's how i feel most of the time in society.
i'm glad i found a group of people with the same ideals as myself.

3 registered users and 24 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada, Yayita

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion