Language Team: American English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 8:07am

An International Greeting :)

Hello, guys! I'm Paul, a Norwegian-American living in Norway. I came across The Venus Project and The Zeitgeist Movement my chance a few days ago, and decided i wanted to do what i cold to help achieve their goals. They're great ideas and i'd love to create that kind of world they see for my kids one day.

So, yeah. Hello! :P

4 registered users and 44 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, nomada, Yayita, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 3:04pm

Welcome, Paul!

Hi, Paul and welcome to the family ! :wave:
I see on your profile that you have shown interest in transcribing & proofreading on the English Team, right? Well, for now, I hope you're enjoying looking around on the Forum. That's a best way to get started! This is where all the major projects and the official business of the LTI are carried out.

I see on your profile that you have shown interest in transcribing & proofreading on the English Team, right? 8o WooooHooooo!
Be sure to complete your own personal profile here with all the contact information that will help us get to know you better and find you (don't forget your Skype username, as well, because I want to add you to our EngSkypeGroup).

Oh, yeah...and my name is Di. I co-coordinate the English Team, where I'll be happy to guide you in the proofreading aspects. Nomada will chime in about the transcribing aspect, and you'll see him fly by on his spaceship shortly, I'm sure. :fc-alien:

As you poke around the place, take a careful look at the Menu at the top of the Forum, especially setting up your 'Notifications', so that you will receive an email when there's a message for you. You’ll also want to join the LTI group on Facebook. A lot of information is sent out on theFacebook LTI page, so be sure to set up your FB notifications to receive these as well. The Guidelines that we use for proofreading are located HERE. These are very, very important. It would be best to review these first. We have a handy QUICKIE version of the Guidelines, too. These are good to use as you work, and this doc can be printed on 1-page, too, for handy reference.

You'll need to register an account onDOTSUBand tell me your username, so I can add you to the EngTeam Group there and give you rights to proofread/transcribe video subtitles. THIS is a tutorial that will explain about transcribing on dotsub.

AND... if you want to practice a bit before you actually begin, I can help you with some exercises and tutorials on the English Guidelines that we use.

So, shoot me a PM here on the Forum and I'll be happy to guide you along the way and answer all questions as we work the magic that will change the world. :star:

Really, REALLY happy to have you here, Paul!
((hugs)) from me
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 4:04pm

Great to see you around Paul! Let us know if you need anything to start ; )
If you plan to do translations into Norwegian too, let us know, and let the Norwegian team know that you are around too :) They might be a bit shy down there hehe: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…norwegian-team/

I would like to ask you something: can I post this inspiring text of yours on our facebook, so it inspires others to join?

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

• "z27olop10" is male
  • "z27olop10" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 28th 2013

Language Team: American English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, March 29th 2013, 3:36pm

Thanks, i appreciate the warm welcome :) Di, i'll do my best while looking about. This is actually the first forum i've ever been a real part of, and therefore i will need some time to effectively navigate my way throughout and figure out where everything is.

And Nomado, go ahead, feel free :)

2 registered users and 44 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Friday, March 29th 2013, 4:37pm

By taking your time to get adjusted, Paul, you are helping yourself and the Team. :thumbsup: We know you're here, and you can ask us any questions as you look around.

Glad you have joined the family. Have fun!

((many Hugs)) :bighug: ,
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

z27olop10

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, March 30th 2013, 8:41pm

Welcome Paul!
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

Di Anna