Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 10:32am

New native German Speaker wants to help translating subtitles

Hello,

in the TVPEducation seminar on YouTube of 20 October 2013 Sue Everatt said, that you could need help for translating. I sent her an email which she forwarded to the German coordinators. I got still no answer, so I am trying it on this forum now.

My name is Tim and I am a 26 years old native German speaker. I am educating myself with the free TVP materials on YouTube, the website www.thevenusproject.com and some additional sources like theRSAorg and TED for about half a year now for 1-2 hours each day.

I would like to help translating several materials into German. It is my first time translating a text or spoken words from English to German in a serious context. That is why I cannot give you any personal references about that.
However, you will find German subtitles done by me in the proofreading section of the forum as a text file for the YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-0ETX4z_DU which is called "Jacque Fresco-Depression, Self Image-Sept 5, 2011 (1/2)".

Because I'm completely new, it would be great if somebody tells me, what I need to do first and where I have to register in order to get involved faster. You could also help by telling me, where I get information about that.

It would be great if somebody checks out my subtitles and tells me, if they have the quality which is needed.
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 72 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 12:14pm

in the TVPEducation seminar on YouTube of 20 October 2013 Sue Everatt said, that you could need help for translating.
Yes. That is @Sue: here in the forum. She hasn't manage cloning yet, or else this forum would be even more populated by now :D

Hi Tim! welcome! :)
I replied to you in the German team section with some links that might give you a better insight of what there is and how it was organized so we find the materials that are in transcription, proofreading, translation or released. Ask anything you need.

I will show @macburns: where is the german forum as he just arrived too, it seems ;)

cheers
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

68 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male
  • "ossi11111" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 2:39pm

posted in the wrong section, this comment can be deleted
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

62 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion