Date of registration: Oct 4th 2016

Language Team: Dutch

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 5:27pm

Dutchie carefully saying hi

Hey everyone,

I'm a 26y-old Dutchie. Native Dutch speaker, fluent in English. I work at a multinational where do a lot of localization work, rolling out English master documents to the Dutch and Belgium locales.
I have looked around the forums a bit but I haven't been able to get a really clear idea for myself on what the projects are on which I could contribute and what would be the taxation on my life. I'm afraid that due to my chaotic schedule I might not be able to commit to a scheduled amount of work. However, I would be interested into carrying a bit of the weight at the quieter times in my life. Would you be able to use that? NO is a very acceptable answer.

Thanks for helping me out,

Jehanne

20 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Language Team: C++

Focus Group: LTI Development Group

Friday, October 7th 2016, 5:28am

Hey, Jehanne!

You're not alone with having a chaotic schedule. You can still help out as time permits. The work we do here is most of the time not based on a strict schedule. Deadlines do show up, but very seldom.

There's plenty of projects to translate, and new ones are added every now and then. Normally teams work together on one, or a few, specific projects at a time. Communication between team members happens in the part of the forum respective to the language being translated to. The Dutch team resides in this part of the forum (http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…nds-dutch-team/).

Team members discuss with each other, and decide, what project they want to take on. So you'll also have a say in that.

Please introduce yourself to the Dutch Team in this thread (http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…ew-translators/). They will give you further guidance.

16 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion