• "Di Anna" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 11:59pm

Fatal Error when posting

@Ray:

Whenever I submit a post I get a Fatal Error message, which I've tried to copy here. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
Di

Information:
error message: PHP error in file /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/language/Language.class.php (190): Object of class NotificationEditor could not be converted to string
error code: 0
file: /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/WCF.class.php (281)
php version: 5.4.36
wcf version: 1.1.10 pl 2 (Tempest)
date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 23:50:01 +0000
request: /index.php?form=PostAdd&threadID=3802
referer: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.ph…d&threadID=3802
Stacktrace:
#0 [internal function]: WCF::handleError(4096, 'Object of class...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 190, Array)
#1 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/language/Language.class.php(190): strtr('\n\n\nYou can chan...', Array)
#2 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/language/Language.class.php(206): Language->get('wcf.user.notifi...', Array)
#3 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/data/user/notification/type/MailNotificationType.class.php(39): Language->getDynamicVariable('wcf.user.notifi...', Array)
#4 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/data/user/notification/NotificationHandler.class.php(104): MailNotificationType->send(Object(NotificationUser), Object(DefaultNotificationEvent), Object(NotificationEditor))
#5 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/system/event/listener/SpeakToMeListener.class.php(305): NotificationHandler::fireEvent('mentioned', 'speak', 1399, '5')
#6 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/system/event/listener/SpeakToMeListener.class.php(90): SpeakToMeListener->createSpeak('post', '19431', 'Okay, guys\n\nIt'...')
#7 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/event/EventHandler.class.php(131): SpeakToMeListener->execute(Object(PostAddForm), 'PostAddForm', 'saved')
#8 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/system/event/EventHandler.class.php(156): EventHandler::executeInheritedActions(Object(PostAddForm), 'saved', 'PostAddForm', 'saved@PostAddFo...')
#9 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/form/AbstractForm.class.php(82): EventHandler::fireAction(Object(PostAddForm), 'saved')
#10 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/PostAddForm.class.php(216): AbstractForm->saved()
#11 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/ThreadAddForm.class.php(178): PostAddForm->save()
#12 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/form/AbstractForm.class.php(90): ThreadAddForm->submit()
#13 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/form/CaptchaForm.class.php(104): AbstractForm->readData()
#14 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/form/MessageForm.class.php(193): CaptchaForm->readData()
#15 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/ThreadAddForm.class.php(369): MessageForm->readData()
#16 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/PostAddForm.class.php(243): ThreadAddForm->readData()
#17 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(90): PostAddForm->readData()
#18 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/form/MessageForm.class.php(237): AbstractPage->show()
#19 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/ThreadAddForm.class.php(434): MessageForm->show()
#20 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/lib/form/PostAddForm.class.php(312): ThreadAddForm->show()
#21 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php(46): PostAddForm->show()
#22 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(64): AbstractPage->__construct()
#23 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/wcf/lib/util/RequestHandler.class.php(95): RequestHandler->__construct('PostAdd', Array, 'form')
#24 /var/www/vhosts/forum.linguisticteam.org/public/index.php(8): RequestHandler::handle(Array)
#25 {main}
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, January 30th 2015, 8:06am

Thanks for the awesomely thorough report, Di!

I've been working to track down the cause and, so far I've learned that these errors are a known issue to at least some of the forum app's extension developers, and they were coded to be suppressed (not shown to the 'user').
So far, the evidence I've gathered suggests that our server migration to php v5.4 may have broken that suppression mechanism, allowing them to now show through. As you noted prior to this post, the new posts do go through and appear in the forum, so the focus now needs to be on confirming the above and, if true, adjusting that suppression mechanism so it works under php 5.4.

Unfortunately, I cannot take any more focus away from prepping the upcoming TCIO translate-a-thon prep to continue working on this, so either someone else will figure it out and fix it, or I'll return to working on it once I have the launch of the TCIO project behind me and have completed the editing/proofreading work for the upcoming month's TVP Magazine. I also have to add the rest of the 2014 Z-Day videos to the system, so we can work up an "English transcribers & proofreaders needed" promotion to try repopulating the English Dep't. Mr_B is currently transcribing John McMurty's talk.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

54 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion