You are not logged in.

[dotSUB Typo] Psywar

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 3:35pm

thanx Di!!! will fix it now in the transcription. 1 minute of translation breakdown to whomever is translating at this moment :tonguer:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

30 guests thanked already.
  • "alberez" is male

Date of registration: Nov 6th 2011

Language Team: Castillian Spanish

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader

Monday, November 21st 2011, 6:22am

Hi Abeerez : ) There is allways something more to correct and the translators eyes are precious :thumbup:
Is this the one?

01:12,35
The English subtitle go as follows: If Walter Lippman had concerned himself with an overarching analysis of mass medium democracy...
The English transcript should be: If Walter Lipmann had concerned himself with an overarching analysis of mass media in democracy...
Isn't it a matter of using UK or American English? or that one is singular form and the other is plural?
Any English proofer around to confirm that?
hugs

01:12,35
The English subtitle go as follows: If Walter Lippman had concerned himself with an overarching analysis of mass medium democracy...
The English transcript should be: If Walter Lipmann had concerned himself with an overarching analysis of mass media in democracy...
Isn't it a matter of using UK or American English? or that one is singular form and the other is plural?
Any English proofer around to confirm that?

I have listened and can confirm that it should be '...mass media in democracy.'

Sweet Nomada, you are correct that 'medium' is singular and 'media' is plural, but the structure of 'mass medium democracy' is not correct anyway. Kudos to Albeerez for one pair of SUPER-DOOPER ears!
(((((hugs)))))))
Di
My pleasure.
Thanks SOOOOOOO much Di. You made me blush.
My ears are at your disposal. ;)
Hugs back
Signature from »alberez« "The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you, they are unique manifestations of the human spirit." - Wade Davis.

28 guests thanked already.
  • "alberez" is male

Date of registration: Nov 6th 2011

Language Team: Castillian Spanish

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader

Friday, November 25th 2011, 5:00am

Finished!!!!

I just finished the translation of PsyWars to Spanish. I think it's a pretty good job except for the first 30% or so which I didn't do, so I can't speak for that part.
Now... proofreading. I don't know how that will be worked out.

Greetings!
Signature from »alberez« "The world in which you were born is just one model of reality. Other cultures are not failed attempts at being you, they are unique manifestations of the human spirit." - Wade Davis.

19 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion