• "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 10:44am

GreekLingTeam Guidelines - Help needed!

Hey everyone.

I noticed that our team (greek team) does not have any guidelines in the greek section of the forum, so I thought I should write a brief thread. You can find it HERE. I need help with two important things.

1) Can you help me make it more conspicuous? It has to be visible the moment you enter the greek section, for example right HERE with the the 3 basic files (translation, proofreading and published results)

2) Can you help me make it better? Any suggestions are welcome. I have no experience in this stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 55 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, July 26th 2013, 2:41pm

Hi Christos! :)
I see you made it a pinned post, but because we are in huge need of a clean up on all those announcement posts that show up in the same list when we go into any language team section, your pinned post is just one of them and the last one. And maybe leaning the announcement posts to 2 or 3 wont make it either (or could be better at least, I think).
Give a look at the French Language section. If you are in the main forum page and scroll downto the language sections, you see the titles of the sub-forums that exist inside them. In the French Team the "Questions and Answers" is the first one. That might help. And if we go inside the French section we will see that it is not a sub-forum but a category with several sub-forums in it, and that is why it shows on a green box. Maybe you can try that? Instead of a new forum create a category and experiment from there. You know where to create sub-forums and categories?
- On the top of the forum there is a link for "Administration". Right-click on it, open in another tab and login.
- On the left you have 4 icons. The last one is "Content". Click there. It will make that another menu will show up at the top; the 1st tab is "Forums". Click there and select "show forums". You can edit or add sub-forums there.

Let me know if you need any help on that :seymour:

hugs
-
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 51 guests thanked already.

Christos Pap.

• "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Language Coordinator

Friday, July 26th 2013, 7:15pm

Thank you very much, Nomada for the quick response. I will experiment -I love experiments- and i will let you know.

Hugs to you too!
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

nomada

Language Coordinator

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:12am

Is it OK if I change the structure of the greek forum? I see that all the languages have organised their forums in similar ways so that all the LTI sub-forums have a uniformity which shows that we are one team. However, being in the greek team for a year now, I don't think that this organisation (the way the greek forum is organised) helps us, since we haven't had so many members as to have separate translation and proofreading teams and published results. We have all of this organised in all-inclusive dashboards.

Is it OK if I changed it? I'm asking because you may have a reason for having all the languages forums in uniformity. I feel, though, that the forums' main priority should be ease of use and understanding.

Check HERE to see how it could be.

41 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:35am

I set the old sub-forums as archives (not used anymore). Do you think I should hide them? I see that there is a "hide" option in administration.

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

nomada

Public Relations Group

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 10:17am

Hi : ) I am glad that you are finding your ways there.

I guess that hiding them could be a way of eliminating possibilities of confusion later.
Have you seen the Italian forum? They have a different structure too. Quite simple in its apparent complexity :D

I think it should be logical with the contents, the working locations and the stages of translation, proofreading and completed items. If it helps to organize in these dimensions, and you think that it stays functional even if you disappear and other newcomers will be able to find their way by themselves,... whatever you do will be ok, I guess.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

47 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:27pm

I'm afraid I did not understand your last paragraph, Rod.

42 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 12:43am

No prob. They were just suggestions. Look around at some examples, if you find it useful, like the French or the Italian forums, so you get some inspiration ; )

I have found the forum very useful to tell each others about having completed a translation or a proofreading, ask what each others think of some difficult translation situation, etc. I think it will still be useful for that even after we start using the portal, even that in the Portal it can become much easier and better to provide information on which projects there are, tools, tutorials, etc.

47 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 4:59am

I'm thrilled that you're experimenting, Christos! :thumbsup:

I would definitely hide anything that goes unused, unless you want to [b]Move[/b] all existing threads into your new structure and Delete the old boards entirely (please don't delete any threads/posts, as they may serve some historical value for future generations)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

45 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 11:30am

That's what I thought about hiding them. Thanks, you guys.

About experimenting, I thought I should organize our forum in accordance with the carrying capacity of the greek team, as of now. If in the future we have more active members, maybe we could separate our forum in translation, proofreading and published results. No structure is established. We can always change our ways and get better according to emerging possibilities and capabilities. I think now the greek projects and info should be centralized, since essentially, there is no greek ling team right now. Me, Kwizrak and another guy are helping rebuild the greek TZM chapter, because we have no activity. We had a break these days, so that's why I thought I should do something for the ling team, because I've been postponing it for a while.

Thanks again for the response. I hope you guys are doing great!

44 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion