• "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male
  • "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 8:25am

[Forum General] Subscription Problem

Hey everyone. Is there any way I can unsubscribe from "Language Teams Playgrounds"? I have only subscribed to the Greek team, but I keep getting notifications about other teams new projects, translations, published results etc. How can I avoid that?
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 4:25pm

Try here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.ph…bscriptionsList

I am subscribed to many too, but I am not using it as I filtered the emails from the forum out of my inbox. I rather click the arrow next to the search box and search for latest posts, which I select by relevancy later.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

40 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 7:44pm

Ι have tried it. The thing is that I cannot see the "Language Teams Playground" category in here, because I have not subscribed to it. However, when I log in the forum, I still see them as unread posts, even though i have not subscribed to them.
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

38 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 7:53pm

i think i got why I was confused. I thought that the posts which appear unread when I log in the forum were the ones I have subscribed on. I guess that subscriptions are for the posts to be sent to your personal e-mail. Am i right?

36 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 2:10am

I'm a bit confused, since the only things posted in that board are a few global announcements & pinned threads with info that all coordinators should be aware of, and the last post to any of them was back in May. The board is not a public posting location and hasn't been used as such. :dunno:

Are you seeing notifications from that specific board more recently than that? If so, please forward one of them to me at gman.zm@gmail.com so I can investigate why you're getting anything more from there than you should. :seymour:

Edit:
I just now saw your last post, Christos.
All members can manually subscribe to an entire board (thread container) or to individual threads, but replying to a thread also subscribes you to that thread automatically. Maybe this is why you are being notified of newer items in older threads. Still, this should not affect what comes to you via email or forum notification (both are features of the subscription notification system) about the Language Team Playgrounds board, unless you are subscribed to one or more of the threads within it AND someone has recently posted to a subscribed thread (the last one occurring back in May).
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

36 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 12:45pm

I'll try to clarify some things bit by bit. When I log in the forum, next to my avatar on the main page I can see this notification in a box: You have x unread posts. Are these posts only in threads that I have subscribed to or are they all the posts that have occured in all the forum since the last time I read them?

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 10:37pm

Ok, I took a long stroll through the back-end, to see what settings there are for auto-subscription and how the system handles subscriptions.

One forum-wide function (doesn't just apply to you) that I had never run before is designed to clean up what it calls 'invalid subscriptions'. Upon running it, I was informed that it had removed 21 of them. I still cannot say for sure if this is related to what you are experiencing, so we'll see what happens on your next log in.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

40 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 9:15am

I confused you all, along with myself. Nevermind; I got it. I thought that the "unread posts" which appear on the main forum page under "user information" when you log in, are only the ones I have subscribed to. It turns out that it's all the posts which have been written in the forum since I last read them. Mystery solved.

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion