You are not logged in.

• "Tee" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 27th 2013

Language Team: Suomi

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 9:58pm

Names of the translators into the finished project?

Hi! I have just translated the template for the first few pages of the Chapters Guide. Should I add the names of the translators to it?

- Teemu

37 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 1:36am

Any purpose? Not sure I understand the question or purpose.Where exactly do you wish to put the names?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

41 guests thanked already.
  • "Tee" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 27th 2013

Language Team: Suomi

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 8:43pm

I got the templates for the Chapters Guide from lizardman, and I translated them. I was wondering if it would be useful for the readers to know who has translated the text, and thus, should I add the names of the people who translated the text to the templates (or somewhere else in the finished file)? Usually when you read books ect. they always have the name of the translator in the beginning.

I hope that helps :)

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Public Relations Group

Friday, December 6th 2013, 3:32pm

In a non-profit motivated activity, like this voluntary effort, the goal is to spread the info so people learn about it. Authors makes sense to me. If you want to read similar stuff, or verify sources, they are useful. I don't see usefulness for translators names. Besides in most situations it would be hard to know who did what.

There are some projects that could help much more, like for example add a last line in each subtitle with a link to the Linguistic Team. We could have so many more translators this way. And for it to reach all subtitles, it would have to be entered in the english transcript, so all translations include the same string with a LTI forum link, for example. If anyone wishes to focus on that, which is a project that takes time but might have huge repercussions, let me know. I might be able to engage on that if more people help : )

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

35 guests thanked already.
  • "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 1:43pm

I see no reason in providing the names of the translators either. Nomada can you clarifiy the "add a last line in each subtitle with a link to the Linguistic Team" part?
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

41 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 1:24pm

Can I instead pass a thread to you, where this discussion took place before? a lot of brainstorming was done but no action taken yet, despite that everyone agrees this will bring many more people to help in the translations.

Reference about "Help with Translations" in the end of subtitles or in video anotations

35 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion