• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 9:11pm

Taking the Word Out There aka Forming a PR Group

Hey, guys. After several discussions and some experience-sharing it seems apparent that the team needs to have a consistent Public Relations group. For everyone who doesn't know, the role of the PR Group is to find ways to promote our published results, and the LTI in general, to the rest of the world (and the RBE community). We need to take the word out there, if we wish to have active members. There are multiple to ways to spread the message both "inside" and "outside" the RBE community, but this needs a group of people working together. Thus, we decided that a meeting was in order so that we can see who is interested and start working on ideas. Everyone interested should follow the link HERE and fill in the doodle with the time and day which is most convenient for him/her to have a meeting. It is also suggested that you take a look at this google doc and fill in any ideas about the team.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

4 registered users and 76 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Di Anna, Ray, Ambadyanand

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 1:49pm

Cool! Thanks for the link, Christos!

I see you put he times for 4PM, 5PM or 6PM UTC. What made you chose those times?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 69 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 7:17pm

I thought they were convenient for you based on previous doodle. I just realised they are too early. I'll make them later if it is possible.

I am notifying here several forum members that either have many posts/activity in this forum, participated in PR or coordination efforts before or simply are quite around a lot.
[url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=967']@DionisOdam:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=848']@benzaiten:[/url] @Ana: @georgyvlad: [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=679']@ralle4:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=922']@niciacruz:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=293']@FrankySnatra:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=23']@cris:[/url][url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=771']@kwizrak:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=241']@MarlysePi:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=14']@yv6eda:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=11']@WurmD:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=503']@nitrofurano:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=92']@Yayita:[/url] @lizardman: [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=4']@Sue:[/url] [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=117']@Diana:[/url][url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=5']@brunodc:[/url] @lllCockroachlll: [url='https://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=User&userID=68']@sarjuva:[/url] @juliana watanabe: @Andre13:
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

4 registered users and 71 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, nomada, ralle4, Ray

• "kassy" is female

Date of registration: Mar 30th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 7:44pm

Hi.

Since I´m preparing a worshop about the LTI during one Zday Chapter Event, and I´m also doing stuff in a TZM facebook page, I´m going to take part on this discussion. :)

2 registered users and 72 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Language Coordinator

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 8:27pm

Hey Kassy. If you are interested, fill this in Doodle: PR Group Meeting

3 registered users and 66 guests thanked already.

kassy, nomada, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:20pm

I'm not sure, if you already did something to find new volunteers. If so, it seems to work. There were two new registrations for the German team in the last three days.

I started to look in the members section of the forum for new registrations to the German team daily and then directly write them an email where I am proposing my help for the start.
Let's see how this works out in the long run and if it increases the amount of active members in the German team.

Stay tuned for my report about it in a few weeks. :)
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

4 registered users and 68 guests thanked already.

kassy, Borislav/lizardman, nomada, Ray

Language Coordinator

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 5:40pm

For anyone interested, the meeting will take place on this Sunday at 8pm GMT. If you don't know how to get there, check my signature (below the text I wrote).

Hey, Kassy. No, I didn't do anything. It's probably caused by all the work that the PR group has already done and of course all the teams who translate stuff and everyone who promotes this team by word of mouth or internet.

2 registered users and 62 guests thanked already.

kassy, Ray

Public Relations Group

Thursday, February 6th 2014, 9:26pm

I started to look in the members section of the forum for new registrations to the German team daily and then directly write them an email where I am proposing my help for the start.

Let's see how this works out in the long run and if it increases the amount of active members in the German team.
I would love to know how that goes, Ossi. I have done that before, several times, and very few members replied. I wonder if the messages reach them, is they go to spam, or if people aren't just not that aware and connected to dive deeper yet.

For anyone interested, the meeting will take place on this Sunday at 8pm GMT. If you don't know how to get there, check my signature (below the text I wrote).
I think I will finally be able to be more present, as things are developing around here. Thanks Christos, for taking this forward and making it possible. You are an interesting event, making many others possible. Here goes a collection of "extensionality-smilleys" for you :loveya: :love: :bighug:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 67 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Friday, February 7th 2014, 8:41pm

Hey Rod. No reason to thank me. I am doing it because I enjoy it. Not for you, you self-centered person :) Just kidding. Hugs! And don't worry about this stuff. You know better than me that there is much more important stuff to worry about :)

3 registered users and 68 guests thanked already.

nomada, ossi11111, Ray

Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 12:09am

Hey hey. Today is the big day. If you are interested in promoting the idea of a Resource Based Economy, then come in teamspeak at 8pm GTM. You can find more info in my signature frame.

2 registered users and 71 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 12:39am

Here is the original thread for this topic, where some ideas had been shared already
Attracting New Members & Keeping the Old Ones

2 registered users and 65 guests thanked already.

Christos Pap., Ray

Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 1:30am

Yes, I forgot about it. Love you, Rod!

Also, by "today" I mean Sunday the 9th of February. Hey, and don't worry about the meeting's focus so much. Just stop by to say hi or just chat a little. There's a lot of love in this family. Don't you wanna taste it a little?

1 registered user and 74 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 11:49pm

Feedback on the last PR Group Meeting (maybe it's a little late but I couldn't write it earlier because of illness):

Even after a meeting, I feel I haven't understood what the PR Group is about. And this bums me a little because I want to help and I can't, and because I think that others might feel the same way. This also does not help the guys who do most of the work because they can't receive help from other eager volunteers. From what I read in the forum, the group's focus is to promote the results of this team so that they reach as many people as possible while keeping contact with TZM, TVP and others. Is that right? However, I got the feeling that the group's focus is also to provide people "inside" and "outside" the RBE community with a better understanding for the multiple and synergistic concepts of the RBE direction. Is that right? If so, how can we do that as a group?

Rod, I didn't mean that the group should take a certain direction because I proposed it. I just meant that maybe if I participated in a project of this group, I could learn empirically what it is about. If there is such a project, let me know.

Personally, I am preparing a promo song.

Ray, when I was talking about how are we going to provide a batter basis for people understand the RBE concept, I wasn't asking if someone is "personally" going to do it. I am not sure there is such a thing. I was just asking if we are going to this via collaborative projects (eg. what Rod and Pris are doing with contacting journalists etc) or one-one (eg. talking in Skype with someone to give them more basic info about the RBE)

2 registered users and 79 guests thanked already.

ralle4, Ray

Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 12:13pm

I have nothing to add Christos. I still post on facebook and YT about RBE, about new projects for translation, I share info on the LTI platforms so others can be informed of how to help, etc. No need to masticate what we have even more. Maybe try something new/more? You aren't sure about the taste? What about swallow it and check if it feels good in our bellies? Later we can check if we have energy, if we are more active or not, and if something seems wrong we can always look at the faeces and check their colour. But if you really want to check from the beginning if any of this makes sense, let me remind you that you started all of this, when you said that you felt hungry. Remember? ;) Attracting New Members & Keeping the Old Ones

The post in the link above has suggestions. Your initiatives sound great too!! Please keep me updated. I can't forget the joy it was when this theme came out and was on the RBE top singles for quite a while: YouTube I had the pleasure of founding Zeigeist Uppdsala (Sweden) chapter with this guy while he dedicated most of his free time to the recordings of this theme, Greek translations and creating torrents too. He was what EXPOSED me to and motivated me for being engaged in a more international focus in TZM.

Hope you are getting better, my friend. Eat your raw vegetables and fruits :seymour: "More important than to know what disease has the person is to know what person has the disease" - Hipocrates. Sickness can be prevented and It feels good to have you around. :love:

68 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 5:57pm

Yes, I started it because I thought I knew what the group was about. But I felt that Ray was trying to tell me it's something more than that, and that's when I got confused. Let me know how I can help. I think you had a google doc where you gathered all the possible ways to promote TZM and TVP in various platforms. Could you share that again please? I had it but I lost it.

I'm feeling better. Thanks.

2 registered users and 80 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion