You are not logged in.

• "sergio.domecq" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 19th 2011

Language Team: spanish

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 2:33am

TVPSite and Pootle, question and suggestion

Hi Everyone, two questions:

1) In the TVP website, if you go to the bottom you find the aims and proposals, and it says they have been updated in november 12. Doesnt this affect the translations?

2) Is it a way that Pootle tells me which part of the website i am traslating in each "po" (the link). Because there are some parts that i cannot find. I think this is important because sometimes the translation depends on the context that i cannot see just watching at Pootle

thanks

47 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 6:12pm

Hi Sergio,

About your first question, we are in the midst of updating TVP site's section in Pootle and that will be taken care of. :grin:

About the second question, every .po file is representing an article in TVP's site (or any other site). I'm not sure which .po you're referring to, most of the articles they represent are pretty visible. Could you be more specific? But yes, it is definitely better to have their site opened up to get proper context on what you're translating and how it will appear. :)

1 registered user and 51 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc

• "sergio.domecq" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 19th 2011

Language Team: spanish

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 8:54pm

Ok but that update isn't going to affect all the work we have done? I thought it was updated some time ago (like two weeks), because in the spanish translation we were at 86%, and suddenly it changed to 83% and somebody told me that was because it was updated.

It has happened with a couple of "po", i didnt save them so i would have to check all of them to tell you.

52 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 7:34pm

No, the update is not gonna affect the translations. :)

The reason for the drop in percentage is most probably because of an issue we had with Pootle, which was fixed.

Please ask on this forum any such questions, or go to your language coordinator. This is the way to get correct information.

48 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, December 4th 2011, 6:14am

Hi Sergio,
The last update to the TVP website contents occurred a couple of months ago (Sept 22). Since then, Andrew has made numerous changes to the site, significantly reducing the amount of time that would normally pass before the next update. The changes are important, since many of them reflect changes in the overall structure of TVP's activism efforts.

We will be linking the PO pages to their related TVP pages as soon as we can, although it is important to understand that our Pootle customizer, Ivan, is currently travelling and does not have access to an internet connection. Also consider that some items will not be linked, such as the Menus & module contents, because they do not point to a specific page but are shared across the entire site. ^^
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

41 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion