You are not logged in.

• "nitrofurano" is male
  • "nitrofurano" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2012

Language Team: pt-pt

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, May 18th 2012, 4:20pm

transcriptions of audio online seminars from Jacque Fresco

At http://thevenusproject.minus.com/ there are almost 40 audio seminars available, around 1 hour each, but i don't know if they are being transcribed anyway.

Someone asked for transcriptions at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Linguist…238790079554673 - so, i converted this last one into video and uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vXkZsF_6ik , and later to http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/vid…omL6/en/321798/ , and started transcribing something there (specially that part that one from Facebook asked about)

My question is if is someone doing the same thing somewhere else, and if doing this in this method above is redundant, and how needed and prioritary is to do the transcription of al other seminars as well

thanks,
p.

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Friday, May 18th 2012, 5:25pm

transcriptions of audio online seminars from Jacque Fresco

_(repeated post due on a bug in this forum)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nitrofurano" (May 23rd 2012, 11:51pm)

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, May 18th 2012, 10:01pm

Hi Paulo! Great initiative, I would say!! You should do it if that is what is alive in you :loveya: The English Dep't has a lot of videos to transcribe and proofread, so we have no resources to dedicate to audios. Check this table in the wiki so you can have an idea of how much there is. And there is always more in the way, even that we do ambition clearing that list so we can have time to think, plan, improve the methods, search for new directions... instead of just running against an ever growing list.
http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos

Would be great if there would be a video maker with you to split the tasks and make something even more ambitious out of your initiative ;) Maybe @mayainlove would like that. She is great!! Or ask in the TVPMedia team.

Good luck.
hugs :bighug:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 11:57pm

thanks! btw, i'm uploading these audio-to-video conversions (weirdly i struggled using ffmpeg, i were using OpenShot instead) about 3 or 4 (a month) per day, and until the end of this week i hope having all uploaded to youtube - and then the next audio files seems to keep appearing once per week - i started transcribing the first 1 or 2 minutes from each one at universalsubtitles (all people are very welcome on helping the completion, since there are more than 40 hours at all, up to now ) - but, surelly i'll need help on revisions

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 12:00am

of course @mayainlove is very welcome helping! and how can we contact tvp-media team?

47 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 5:20pm

Sorry. I thought there was a TVP Media section. I guess it is better if you ask around in the TVP facebooks and so.

Great initiative again, Paulo!! really nice! I hope some people join your efforts soon ^^

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:56pm

thanks! btw, for all people may appear in this thread, the google spreadsheet i were working on is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?…hyLWlwdnc#gid=0

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

Ray

Public Relations Group

Monday, May 28th 2012, 7:30am

Facebook Promotion Schedule (list of locations)

hey nitro!
In this sheet, where we keep register of all the facebook locations and contents from the LTI that we wish to promote, there are many locations where you can share your efforts and hopefully someone will join. There are many English speaking locations too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?…RCWEpEelE#gid=2

abraço

1 registered user and 34 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 4:36pm

sim, obrigado! :)

i remember this one! this spreadsheet made an enoumous success last saturday at TeamSpeak! :)
you mean between b85 and b93? i'll try to contact them! thanks! :)

2 registered users and 32 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Date of registration: Jun 23rd 2012

Language Team: turkish

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 7:29pm

Hi,
We have a project called as ' searchable QA database'. Basically, trying to transcribe QAs in seminars. Yet, it does not cover whole seminar - just QAs which are usually located in last part of seminars.

We have just started and finalize 2 seminars so far, if you like to help us, you are welcome.

finalized ones
------------------
2012 May 13
2012 Apr 29

Please contact me , I can give a ZIP file (which contains mp3 and question file (if available) related ) so you can transcribe it. We pre edit mp3 files so transcribing is littlebit easier.

contact email: turkey@tvpactivism.com

TVP Hugs,

Cengiz Jeff Say
TVP Activism POC Turkey

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 11:05am

Hi,
We have a project called as ' searchable QA database'. Basically, trying to transcribe QAs in seminars. Yet, it does not cover whole seminar - just QAs which are usually located in last part of seminars.
We have just started and finalize 2 seminars so far, if you like to help us, you are welcome.
finalized ones
------------------
2012 May 13
2012 Apr 29
Please contact me , I can give a ZIP file (which contains mp3 and question file (if available) related ) so you can transcribe it. We pre edit mp3 files so transcribing is littlebit easier.
contact email: turkey@tvpactivism.com
TVP Hugs,
Cengiz Jeff Say
TVP Activism POC Turkey

Of course i'm interested to help! :) - my main concern now is how can we synchronize our efforts efficiently, and who is transcribing and proofreading what - since i'm trying to progress a little bit of some of them every day, maybe will be best if i focus on some special one for having some more ready for proofreading? i started to have more this concern yesterday, focusing more on the q/a part, but i'm doing that completely randomly...

Please let me know how can we have a more efficient contact for that (except on Skype, i'm boycotting it! :D ) - the e-mail and facebook contact i expected seems too quiet for that

as we talked at teamspeak, i'm using universalsubtitles for transcribing and having a better notion of the whole seminar, and i think the texts can be copied easily from that (as i imagine)

Btw, is this related to http://www.askjacquefresco.com ?

cheers,
p.

1 registered user and 28 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "nitrofurano" is male

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 6:39pm

Microgem, i'm now editing https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?…hyLWlwdnc#gid=0 - and adding there the exact timestamps where qa part starts on each seminar, at the 'd' column (qa start) - i think this can easy a bit the whole process! :)

2 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion