• "sarjuva" is male
  • "sarjuva" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 26th 2011

Language Team: finnish (suomi)

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, October 26th 2012, 9:48pm

Suggestion: "Why did The Venus Project part ways with The Zeitgeist Movement?"

Hi!

Recently someone suggested following video to be translated to finnish.

I didn't find it from dotsub or from the wiki pages i browsed. Is this a completely new project or a non-project so far?

It seems to be very relevant, as TVP faq refers to this video in an answer to question 107. "What is your take regarding the removal of the Zeitgeist Movement as the activist arm of The Venus Project?"

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ralle4

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2011

Language Team: German

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 1:35pm

This Video is a very subective view on the things that happened around april 2011.
Essentially it says that PJ as "the leader" of TZM didn't do much enough to "control" the worldwide TZM.
This is plain bullshit - I'm sorry.

It's very sad to witness such a childish standpoint - especially if it's linked on the official TVP-Website.

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

ralle4

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 3:30am

I wasn't officially 'connected to' TZM at the time whatever 'went down', 'went down' that caused 'the split', but I was following the movement and watching a lot of the information presented already at that time. I watched this video the other night and think, also, it's very subjective. I think it really paints Peter in a very unflattering and in my opinion unfair and untrue light. The foreboding music, the darkened screen when the narrator begins to discuss what in his estimation happened and what the sequence of events were, what Peter 'did and didn't do', and what he was 'asked to do and didn't' according to the narrator, the whole presentation is put together with a very strong and obvious bias, as you clearly understand from the way it's put together that Peter is the one 'at fault' for being somehow egotistical and trying to take credit for (and take over the direction of) TVP; which I would say I am pretty positive is not the truth. In my opinion, I also think it's really sad that this video is referenced with such strong 'faux-factual' ideation by TVP; I think it's really unfair! It seems to me there were obviously some misunderstandings between parties, and it seems to me some very unfair conclusions were drawn that were unable to be overcome for whatever reasons, most probably a breakdown in communication maybe because of the really strong and negative conclusions that were obviously being drawn on the part of TVP (at least that is what it seems)! But I don't think this video is neutral and informative in either content or presentation. Therefore it doesn't seem to me to be something we should focus on as if it is.

29 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 11:21am

There is an emotional dynamic to which people get addicted to, very similar with the same reason why my mother watches Brazilian novels; and when put side by side with the alternative effort of focusing in spreading the understandings that can take mankind to a condition of abundance and peace never before seen and long time doubted,... well, the Brazilian novel gives them a bit of that adrenaline, and no effort required. That is how stuck some minds still are :D And all that it means is: we can do much better to help them be aware.

There is a huge list open for translation, and far from half are in Finnish (if that was the case, Jussi). I can help make them aware of the richness of the information available and see if some fellows join to help in the translations. I'll beep you in a chat.

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

ralle4

• "sarjuva" is male
  • "sarjuva" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 26th 2011

Language Team: finnish (suomi)

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 2:31pm

Looks like people are not getting, so i'm repeating the relevant.
Hi!

Recently someone suggested following video to be translated to finnish...
It seems to be very relevant, as TVP faq refers to this video in an answer to question 107. "What is your take regarding the removal of the Zeitgeist Movement as the activist arm of The Venus Project?"

I got this translation request from someone else. Putting it to here as translation request was a way to get that thing out of my hands (and head). I haven't watched video myself yet (it's on my youtube watch later list, was before suggestion as well), but since there was a reference in TVP website i felt no need to censor this request either.

Personally i'm sick of this issue of people taking sides "after the split". I find this demotivational, and past experiences as a cocoordinator of TZM Finland don't help. Perhaps if you want to convince that i should take another approach than what i'm currently having, instead of accepting that the most plausible explanation in your head what is "the truth" you should actually find out why i posted this in the first place.

As a repetition: this was a request, and next time someone asks me about this i can state "we don't have the resources to transcribe it yet" or something else.

As i in my existences as a singular human being am trying to fit my intrests as a human being and survive in this economy as a wage slave i have too little time to LTI. I'm the only one currently willing to be language coordinator for finnish and if the LTI too will have the mentality of shooting the messanger then i don't have time for this shit. I do this only when i have time and energy (including motivation), that is the only time i can do this. And christmas is coming, so more overtime for me...

1 registered user and 71 guests thanked already.

ralle4

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 7:15pm

Hey Jussi,

Sorry to hear that your situation is not an easy one.

I don't think Nomada wanted to put any blame on anyone. I'm right with you here - people often have a limited perspective of us and the situations we are involved in, so we are unhappy with how they see those situations, and rightly so. But in order to encourage a broader view, I believe we ourselves have to see the limitations that they have that have let them to limited conclusions. In other words, to think about why the others' thoughts are the way they are. I think empathy in the first place always brings better results and happier lives.

Hugs :)

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

ralle4

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 7:56pm

Jussi...:) I just want to say I am really sorry if what I put down here felt in any way offensive to you. :(... I certainly was not meaning to 'attack you' in any way at all, or to 'shoot the messenger' as you said (if you were referring to any of the content in my post). Any and all efforts for translations and work towards the common cause and goal are SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! And the fact that you spend your time on these efforts, and translating into Finnish, from those of us who only speak English well enough, and know NO Finnish (so therefore could never reach anybody in Finland who doesn't speak OUR LANGUAGE); is truly appreciated!! :). I completely understand why you brought this (and ANY video translation suggestion) to 'the table' to put forward, and it all makes perfect sense. :)...My intention was only commenting on my experience of the video upon viewing it, that it didn't seem like a neutral and therefore "fair" presentation of whatever transpired at that time. You are greatly appreciated and I am truly sorry if I said anything that made you feel otherwise. (Is there a 'handshake icon' in the emoticons?? :) :bighug:

Sincerely,

Ramona :) (ralle4)

38 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 11:54pm

My words are the ones of Lizardman and Ralle here. I didn't mean to say anything that would imply any conception of wrongness in your effort to make the information available between all volunteers of the LTI. Actually, I find it of the most importance, Jussi, and I love having you around :bighug: If you weren't there, who would post it, otherwise? I was really happy when you showed up to cover this connection between the Finnish community and the Linguistic Team, which suffered many losses with this "split" novel. :riphair: I can't stop myself from feeling sad whenever that subject comes up and I remember all the RBE activist communities that were so established, seem to have disappear in the crowd, with so much silence.

I am sorry to know this is being tough on you, Jussi. Please do the best you can to keep around in the limits where it does not stop you to have fun and not mess up your off-line peace and sustainability. For little that you may be able to offer, it is a huge safety feeling and satisfaction to know you are around :love:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

ralle4

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion