You are not logged in.

• "Kirk" is male
  • "Kirk" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 25th 2011

Monday, July 30th 2012, 6:07am

Culture in Decline | Episode #1 "What Democracy?" by Peter Joseph

2 registered users and 36 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, pedropt

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, July 30th 2012, 5:55pm

That was a nice show!! ^^

Do you know how frequent these are supposed to come out, Kirk?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

39 guests thanked already.
  • "Kirk" is male

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 1:01am

That was a nice show!! ^^

Do you know how frequent these are supposed to come out, Kirk?
Yes, monthly.

38 guests thanked already.
  • "Kirk" is male

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 1:09am

This video is fully transcribed!

32 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Jul 31st 2012

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: English Transcriber

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:40am

anyone can get the base english subs so i can translate them to Portuguese ?

34 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:46am

We are currently working on the english subtitles and the video will be open for translation soon, right here.

1 registered user and 33 guests thanked already.

nomada

Language Team: Dutch linguistic team

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 9:11am

We are currently working on the english subtitles and the video will be open for translation soon, right here.
Hi! I'm doing a speed sub of Culture in Decline to Dutch. We want to show it during the Zeitgeist Media Festival in Belgium this weekend.
Could someone please send me an English transcription (even if it's not yet finished)? I'm not able to access the unfinished transcription on dotsub (my username there is karelgabriel).

Many thanks!

KG

40 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 9:15am

There you go.
brunodc has attached the following file:

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

CarlGabriel

Language Team: Dutch linguistic team

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:20pm

[Sorry, this post can be deleted, they already know :)]
Hi! We from the Belgian TZM chapter did a speed-sub in Dutch of CiD. If anyone knows how to contact someone from the Dutch linguistics team, this translation can help them:
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/nl/vid…y-peter-joseph/

Grz!

41 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2012

Language Team: TZM Serbia LT

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:54pm

Serbian Team has finished translating this episode.

To whom should I refer, so the serbian CC would appear, among other, on youtube video, on official channel?

Thanks!

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

nomada

Public Relations Group

Friday, October 26th 2012, 4:23am

Hi Milana : )
Better if you post it in the Serbian Team Playground so it is proofread before it is uploaded and published.
Great efforts there!!

superhugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

29 guests thanked already.

Friday, October 26th 2012, 11:36am

Hi Milana : )
Better if you post it in the Serbian Team Playground so it is proofread before it is uploaded and published.
Great efforts there!!

superhugs
Hi!

Well, I am the only proofreader, and am currently working on it... so, what should be the next step? tnx! :)

xoxo

33 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Friday, October 26th 2012, 12:10pm

There are great news recently, of some new fellows joining the Serbian team. Ana is back active too :thumbup: If the Serbian forum section is quiet, try their facebook group. After the translation is in the best the team can get so it is published, the only thing to do is a ToDo :D and to upload it to the Serbian youtube channels. The admin group does the main LTI TZM and TVP youtube uploads and the Repository too, where the subs will be safeguarded in the dotsub server from further editing and available for download. The ToDo helps the admin group to proceed and keep track of all those tasks for all the language teams :kewl: There is usually someone from the language team that creates the ToDos when the team has a project ready.

Let me get you the link to the Serbian team facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226436590744175/

There is a Croatian one too, it might be useful as you share a common language structure ; )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hrvatskijezicnitim/

I hope this helps.
great to receive news of your efforts. I find it wonderful!! :loveya: :kiss:

36 guests thanked already.

Friday, October 26th 2012, 12:29pm

There are great news recently, of some new fellows joining the Serbian team. Ana is back active too :thumbup: If the Serbian forum section is quiet, try their facebook group. After the translation is in the best the team can get so it is published, the only thing to do is a ToDo :D and to upload it to the Serbian youtube channels. The admin group does the main LTI TZM and TVP youtube uploads and the Repository too, where the subs will be safeguarded in the dotsub server from further editing and available for download. The ToDo helps the admin group to proceed and keep track of all those tasks for all the language teams :kewl: There is usually someone from the language team that creates the ToDos when the team has a project ready.

Let me get you the link to the Serbian team facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226436590744175/

There is a Croatian one too, it might be useful as you share a common language structure ; )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hrvatskijezicnitim/

I hope this helps.
great to receive news of your efforts. I find it wonderful!! :loveya: :kiss:
Thank you for kind words, Nomada :)

I know Ana in person, as well as the most members of LT Serbia. But, they are occupied by venus projects, not working on TZM and PJs projects at all. So, I took a place of temp. coordinator for TZM projects. And I am the only proofreader for TZM material too. SO, I should approve my own proofreading? :)

Could you please explain more about that respiratory procedure? (" The admin group does the main LTI TZM and TVP youtube uploads and the Repository ") I suppose the respiratory is that final - approved - subtitle, right? (non-editable) So, my main concern is how our - TZM Serbian LT - subtitles could become officialy "respiratory" and to appear on YT videos among other CCs?

I hope I was clear, what is not clear to me and my team.

Much love!
Milana

31 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:58pm

It is a huge pleasure to help you Milana, I couldn't find anything better to do now, and your efforts really inspire me, specially because you take initiative of doing it on your own :bighug:

The goal is to publish translations as good as they can be, since the experience shared by most the volunteers, when we cross information between teams, etc, is that, even with several proofreading rounds over a project (in the English team we do 2 rounds and 1 final review, after the transcription), still we come to find many typos and misunderstandings of the meaning. Which is too bad if we wish people to absorb this hard technical information on how to shift so radically the, over millennia, human culture. People have a hard time to accept when it seems clear to us.
Who can tell if the translation is good enough? There is no answer for that. The best decision we arrived at until now is that the technically most competent people available, the more they pass their eyes over the translation, the better. 1 translator with no proofreading is very unsure over the result.With his own proofreading is better, but, EXTRA EYES and knowledge going over the translation is the first method that really shows a difference. After that, to improve the process and depending on the resources available (volunteers), some teams prefer doing a 2nd proofreading round, others do a group proofreading, and even others choose a mix of both.

To translate docs sourced by TZM or TVP will drive us to the same goal: Spread awareness on an RBE and promote a value shift. Volunteers work on what they like, just like me and you. Each choose their preference in strategy but we are all going in the same direction and want the same thing: money. oh, I meant unconditional love and peace on Earth :tonguer:
And that is why my advise is for you to reach those volunteers that are around and are likely to be the best persons to help. You can post on the other international TZM and TVP facebook groups too, and we never know if your efforts will inspire others the same way as it does to me. I would proofread yit if I knew Serbian :D Let them know you have a need for your translation efforts to be carefully revised and get the quality that will reach the public's minds and hearts. I am sure they want it too. Post in those places I linked on a previous post, my best guess is that someone will come to help

Let us know what's the development on this, whatever you decide to do.

superhugs :love:

35 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion