You are not logged in.

  • "nomada" started this thread

Posts: 3,050

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Location: Malmö, Sweden

Thanks: 92718 / 2397

  • Send private message


Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 4:27pm

"Water Table" - TVP website


On The TVP site, City Systems: "For example, in the agricultural belt the computers could automatically
monitor and maintain the water table, soil chemistry, and coordinate the
planting and harvesting of crops."

The "water table" in Portuguese is called "lençol freático" and this is the water in the saturated zone. Maybe what Jacque means here is the "ground water"? I wonder this because when he explains that we can have sensors on the ground (and he shows with the fingers) and when the water goes bellow the sensors the automated system would correct it, he is talking about very close to the surface right? where the roots are? And the freatic water will never be seen as that water, at least by a non-experienced portuguese :D

Shall I translate it as groundwater?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

26 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion