Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Friday, July 15th 2011, 7:48pm

Can someone explain "aerodynamic feedback"?

I'm translating the 4th TZM newsletter and Mark Jones' text about fighter aviation and in the second paragraph he talks about "aerodynamic feedback"

The context :

Quoted

The only issues of significance stem from the seat of one’s pants. Airflow, fuel supply, and aerodynamic feedback. Everything else just detracts from the view. But admittedly some new confusion emerges about how flying might be more than dynamics; about how the screens that he keeps fiddling with might actually contain symbols that have meaning; and how they might somehow be connected to all those conversations between superiors that he can’t seem to ever keep up with.

I can't find a translation for that expression, and I don't see how receiving aerodynamic feedback can help when one is in the air, but that's probably because I don't understand what it's about :D

Any thoughts ?

41 guests thanked already.

Nattka

Unregistered

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 9:41pm

Well, lacking the technical knowledge on the subject, but it seems to me that "aerodynamic feedback" is merely "feedback effect" the pilot gets from exchanging remarks on different flight characteristics with the control unit on land, receiving instructions.

If you look further down the paragraph, he continues with:

Quoted

... and how they might somehow be connected to all those conversations between superiors that he can’t seem to ever keep up with.

My guess is that the answer is here. Even if you think what else a pilot has to do besides keeping an eye on: 1) airflow, 2) fuel and 3) "chatter box" for communication with superiors and other pilots up in the air.

Would be nice to hear a technician's opinion though. ;)

35 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Jun 18th 2011

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 9:44am

Nattka is right in the first part. Aerodynamic feedback is just that. Feedback.

That feedback enables the possibility for vehicle electronics (usualy in the form of microcontrollers) to dynamically adjust output parametars (wing position, fuel injection...), so the pilot has less work to do.

For example, if the aircraft flyes into the storm, aerodinamic feedback can enable autopilot navigation, with much better results (less response time to changing conditions) then any human.

It seems to me that he meant that every parameter from the one vehicle can be transferred to the another (GPS location, speed, pathway...) by radio signals, so electronics in both vehicles can dynamically adjust pathway, in order to enable safe path for both, better then any human operator from earth.

1 registered user and 29 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion