You are not logged in.

[Farsi Published] What Is The Venus Project?

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 11:48am

What Is The Venus Project?

A dynamic text video explaining TVP in 83 seconds.

Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ray" (Jul 3rd 2017, 10:17am)

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

AlexAnderson2050

• "AlexAnderson2050" is male

Date of registration: Apr 16th 2015

Language Team: Persian (Farsi)

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 12:25am

I have finished translating the subtitle of "What is The Venus Project?" short video clip.

Dear @Ray and @msghamiri,

I have finished the translation of the subtitle of "What is The Venus Project?" short video clip to Persian.

You can find the video clip at: https://dotsub.com/view/7c073460-b599-45df-a947-509cd7d7d0af.

Could you please check it out and tell me what you think about it? Since it's my very first translation here I don't know how good/bad it is.

Kind regard,
Alex
Signature from »AlexAnderson2050« _________________________________________________________________
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed;
if in terms of ten years, plant trees;
if in terms of 100 years, teach the people."
~Confucius (551–479 BC), Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

msghamiri, Ray

• "msghamiri" is male

Date of registration: Mar 3rd 2012

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 2:06pm

Dear Alex,
Thanks a lot for translation of this video. You really made me happy and also I really liked the translation. I watched it few times and couldn't find any problem in translation, but what do you think about rewriting this sentence such as:
با این حال به آنچه تمام دموکراسیها همواره تلاش برای
رسیدن به آن را داشته اند و هرگزانجام نداده اند، دست خواهد یافت.
like this :
با این حال به آنچه تمام دموکراسیها همواره برای
رسیدن به آن تلاش کرده اند ولی‌ هرگزانجام نداده اند، دست خواهد یافت.
of course both are correct, Just want to find the one which is simpler to understand and follow. other than that , I couldn't find any other thing to mention.
once again thanks for you'r time and effort

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

AlexAnderson2050, Ray

Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 6:35pm

I do agree with your suggestion. ☺

Hello dear Misagh,

Thank you for watching and actually proofreading that video clip. :)

I do agree with your suggestion about the alternative and better way of saying that sentence. Will you make the necessary modification to that sentence or you prefer that I do so?

Looking forward for your reply,
Alex
Signature from »AlexAnderson2050« _________________________________________________________________

1 registered user and 33 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "msghamiri" is male

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 8:09pm

Dear Alex,
I did the modification. Hopefully in near future ,we will open a new folder for our team so we can collect such videos in there till we open our own YouTube channel. we will upload these videos in there so we can share it with world , and next goal will be other social networks such as Facebook. so far we have 3 videos which are completely ready and there is also TCIO film(this is almost ready as you know but still need some works). I think 5,6 videos will be enough to start a channel.
Best Regards

2 registered users and 32 guests thanked already.

AlexAnderson2050, Ray

Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, May 1st 2015, 8:34am

Is there a standard for naming different YouTube channels?

Dear Misagh,

Does any standard exit for naming different YouTube channels related to the LTI forum and The Venus Project?

Looking forward for your reply,
Alex

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "msghamiri" is male

Friday, May 1st 2015, 8:49am

I am not sure at all

Dear alex,
To be honest, I haven't think about it and i should ask Ray . But I think that hould have a certain format and they are related and also connected to mian channels.

AlexAnderson2050, Ray

Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, May 1st 2015, 8:55am

Thanks for your prompt reply. ☺

Dear Misagh,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I hope Ray is not too busy to answer you nowadays.

Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Alex

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 6:00am

Hello gentlemen,
If I'm understanding the question properly, there is a naming & purpose distinction between LTI vs TVP and/or TZM YouTube channels. I'll try to explain.

LTI is the official translation house for both TVP & TZM. It is integral to both, yet managed separately from either (LTI serves as the global bridge between the two organizations). As such, our LTI-specific channels end up as the culmination of all completed video projects for each respective team, and will include fully completed videos from both TVP & TZM, as well as videos that LTI manages that were created by individual TVP/RBE/TZM supporters, and even a small number of externally created videos that we feel help to better explain the global RBE concept to the rest of the world. In a nutshell, if it is within the LTI system, it will end up in the Farsi LTI channel once completed to the Farsi team's satisfaction. Since it is an all-inclusive channel, the naming convention would be something like "Farsi LTI Team", "Farsi Linguistic Team", etc., with no direct mention of TVP or TZM in the name. The channel's Description would then more fully describe the Farsi Team, and how it is striving to make all of these TVP, TZM, and other materials available to the rest of the world to help us move toward the Global RBE approach to life and living (which would be in Farsi - no English is desired in such a resource, since the intent is to provide Farsi supporters with a video resource they can call 'home'). Of course, the full Description would not necessarily use those exact words, as it should actually be quite longer, ending with a warm invite for more people to come to the forum and join the team to help speed up the efforts.

TVP and TZM YouTube channels generally follow a similar approach, often calling themselves something like TVP Spain, or Zeitgeist Movement Germany, but that is outside of the scope of our (LTI) management.
In essence, LTI creates the translations that are then shared within our own directly managed resources (such as the eventual Farsi LTI YouTube channel), and also shared directly with the relevant TVP &/or TZM groups so that they can also add it to their channels. LTI admins also upload your completed work directly into the relevant global YouTube channels for TVP & TZM, as appropriate for the material that has been completed.

So, any one video that your team completes is likely to end up in at least three very public, high-traffic places:
A TVP video will end up in the official TVP & LTI global channels, as well as your own Farsi LTI channel, plus any local channel that is managed by a Farsi TVP PoC, if one exists.
A TZM video will end up in the official TZM & LTI global channels, as well as your own Farsi LTI channel, plus any local channel that is managed by a Farsi TZM Chapter coordinator, if one exists.
The public will also be able to easily look up these resources within our database of completed materials (LTI Repository), although a simply YouTube search would likely be much faster for them. One never knows, and should not try to predict, how someone might try to find a specific resource, so we make the information available in a variety of ways. ;)

And all of that is in addition to whatever promotions we send out to relevant Facebook Groups & Pages (LTI Global has one of each), relevant Twitter accounts (LTI Global has one), etc..

msghamiri, AlexAnderson2050

• "msghamiri" is male

Saturday, May 2nd 2015, 7:06pm

Dear Ray,
thanks a lot for ur complete explanation. hopefully in close future ,Farsi team will get to its goals. By the way, translation for TCIO is finally over, at least now we can start proofreading for it. I think after that we will be able to open our YouTube channel. we have 2 main documentary of TVP so far( TCIO and Paradise or Oblivion) and some small video clips. I still couldn't get access to materials for Paradise or Oblivion.I also made ToDo post but still didn't get any reply or result. I think, I should get into direct contact with Rodrigo for it. Anyway, once again thanks for time ;)

2 registered users and 35 guests thanked already.

AlexAnderson2050, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 11:16am

Rodrigo is not currently available to manage any of the admin tasks (he's rebuilding his computer system), so it would do you little good to contact him.

All three ToDos have been completed by me earlier today.

I still need to show you how to Move threads from one section to another. Ahead of that, I'll try to clearly explain the basics:
You only need to create a project thread once in the Translation board in order to bring that project into the team. The project's translation progress is then posted to it, as Alex has done, until the translation is completed. In some cases, that means only two posts by one person, with the first telling the team that they are going in to translate it, and the next telling them that the translation is complete. Longer videos are much more likely to have more posts during the translation stage, as members may only be able to work on a section of it at a time (and everyone should avoid mental exhaustion, which can happen if one tries to handle too much too quickly).
Once the translation stage is complete, the entire thread should be Moved from this board into the Proofreading board, where members who focus on or help with that stage will be alerted that the project is now ready for their skills. The standard LTI approach is for each project to receive at least two proofreading rounds, plus a final consistency review by the strongest multi-lingual member on the team, but of course, we're still in the process of building up the team and simply do not have enough active members to manage that level of peer-review.
So, once a project has been proofread to the satisfaction of the team and is ready for release to the rest of the planet's Farsi speakers, the entire thread is once again Moved, this time to the Finished Results board (or, until the Farsi LTI YouTube channel exists, to the new but temporary "Completed Video Projects" board that you recently requested). This Move should also be accompanied by the creation of a ToDo, so that the LTI admins will know that their help is needed to get the newly completed subs into a variety of 'official' public locations, including the official TVP or TZM global YouTube channels, LTI's global channel, LTI's dotSUB repository location, and everywhere that we're tracking the information of all completed items for the global public's access (such as the LTI wiki and upcoming LTI Member Portal).

As always, if anyone has any questions about anything I post, but especially the really important stuff like this, don't hesitate to reply back. ;)

1 registered user and 33 guests thanked already.

msghamiri

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion