You are not logged in.

• "Doogy2Shoes" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 22nd 2015

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 3:16pm

I have a flawed chinese .srt subtitle file for an American open source documentary

hello, I joined this site because I have an interest in sharing western alternative health information with Chinese people.
I live in Ottawa, Canada near a Chinese community full of Chinese seniors facing health issues. My interest is in helping
provide them with DVD's containing information on how to maintain their health and defeat chronic illnesses with nutritional
and alternative therapies. I found an English-language documentary about Aspartame poisoning which I would like to share
with my Chinese friends, and found a Chinese language subtitle file for it, but when I tried to open the file in Aegisub or Subtitle Workshop
to burn it to DVD ,the file was full of errors preventing it from loading. It appears to be a correctly worded subtitle translation of the
original video , so it would be a waste if this is not salvaged, if that is possible.
the original video is open source, it is freely permitted to copy and distribute this film for public educational purposes. See it here
on Youtube:

I want to burn it to DVD with Chinese captions added (translated)

I found a chinese subtitle file for it here (click green box to download it):

http://sub.makedie.me/xml/sub/155/155859.xml

but when I downloaded the subtitle file it did not work. it needs to be repaired. I have limited experience and ability to solve such issues,
have not done much work with subtitle files.

can anyone help fix this subtitle file or salvage the captions to create one?

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

kton36369

Date of registration: Oct 23rd 2018

Language Team: Chinese

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 1:55pm

RE: I have a flawed chinese .srt subtitle file for an American open source documentary

hello, I joined this site because I have an interest in sharing western alternative health information with Chinese people.
I live in Ottawa, Canada near a Chinese community full of Chinese seniors facing health issues. My interest is in helping
provide them with DVD's containing information on how to maintain their health and defeat chronic illnesses with nutritional
and alternative therapies. I found an English-language documentary about Aspartame poisoning which I would like to share
with my Chinese friends, and found a Chinese language subtitle file for it, but when I tried to open the file in Aegisub or Subtitle Workshop
to burn it to DVD ,the file was full of errors preventing it from loading. It appears to be a correctly worded subtitle translation of the
original video , so it would be a waste if this is not salvaged, if that is possible.
the original video is open source, it is freely permitted to copy and distribute this film for public educational purposes. See it here
on Youtube:

I want to burn it to DVD with Chinese captions added (translated)

I found a chinese subtitle file for it here (click green box to download it):

but when I downloaded the subtitle file it did not work. it needs to be repaired. I have limited experience and ability to solve such issues,
have not done much work with subtitle files.

can anyone help fix this subtitle file or salvage the captions to create one?
That would be of great help for these people. Did you get that technical issue sorted out?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "flyingtext" (Oct 31st 2018, 4:01am)

3 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion