Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 10:28am

**** English Department Priorities ****

The English Department priority list has been updated.

We have accomplished our first objective, which was to finish the Peter Joseph lectures. yay!

Our next objectives, if you guys are OK with them, would be as follows:

1. Clear all remaining Z-Day lectures
  2. Clear some Jacque talks, because they're really starting to pile up.

Of course, the order on the priority list is arbitrary, we have to finish all of those videos anyway.

If we feel that one of those videos has to be finished before the rest, all we need to do is talk about it and decide to prioritize it and it will be cleared in no time!

57 guests thanked already.
  • "gentlejewel" is female

Date of registration: Sep 11th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 10:46am

Thanks for the update! I didn't look at the priority list for a while... I'll put JF's teaching creativity on hold for a bit and start with RM Z-day Human Behavior... first of all though, I will update my progress on the wiki... xxx
Signature from »gentlejewel« All for 1, and 1 for all...

50 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:22am

Thanks bruno for this great update!!! Very nice indeed!! :thumbsup:
It seems like a great focus to me!

I am getting ready to timeshift "Sue Vixi - Linguistic Team International - London Z-Day 2011"
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

51 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:39am

Thanks, HoneyB,

Very nice updates and idea about using threads instead of PM's. As I look at the plan, Ben's Innovation Wars seems important for FR. I did the PR2 on that so cannot help out here. I guess I'll move on to Andrew Buxton? unless you have another suggestion?

Another question: After finishing the FR, do I update Wiki? Haven't been doing that.. :numb: Just been notifying you in a PM. What's the procedure, m' Lord?
((hugs)) from me
Di :bighug:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

46 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male
  • "brunodc" started this thread

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:44am

Sounds good, Di, about Andrew's talk :)

I think after finishing the final review, the best thing would be to post a reply in the forum on the relevant thread. I think they're a little hard to find sometimes, but I think the search function will work and I'm pretty sure that all of our videos now have a corresponding thread in this forum :)

Since finishing the final review implies more than updating the wiki, I think you can leave that to us, the admins.

kisses

53 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 11:50am

10-4, Good Buddy!
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

47 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 12:10am

Hi!
Ischernev suggested we make reference of the priorities in the wiki. Maybe add a link to the priority list page , or add a tab or column in the wiki with it or a number reference, or instead of adding numbers on a column or so we could have "stars" in each project's column that is referenced in the priority list. What do you think?

Aside from this subject, if anyone wishes to receive email notifications when another forum member posts in a thread or sub-forum of your interest, so you can more easily follow the developments in each topic/thread, consult and/or reply to this thread from the help desk: Love Google Groups? The forum can send you an email for each post as well! :D
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

49 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 8:20am

I think priorities are meant for regular members of the English department, to give us more of a sense of direction.

I think it's best for a new member to come in, see the list of items in proofreading and do whatever he or she wants. It gives them the opportunity to explore and learn about the system while doing something useful.

Having a priority list doesn't mean that some videos are more important than others, so I don't think those videos need to stand out in the wiki table. I've changed the text in the LTPMS page to remove any mention of priorities.

If there is indeed a video that needs to come first, I think we can talk to each other so that it gets done faster....

50 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 2:21pm

I think this is a good idea, sweet Bru! I also agree that each stage of every video in the process is equally important--1st, 2nd, FR, not to mention the eyes and ears of transcribers and timeshifters.

I like the quotes at the bottom of the Progress Report Page, especially this one:
"Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing."
Rollo May

Language is so imperfect. I have great admiration for our LT Members around the globe that have learned to speak and think in more than one language, not to mention their dedication to the movement.

Love y'all! :love:
Di

67 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 12:03pm

We are almost there fellas, we've almost completed all those longer lectures from PJ and Z-Day that have been in the system for a while, so that's a very nice accomplishment!

The only remaining video in that category is Vixi's presentation and then we should be able to clear videos at a faster pace since most of them are under 15 minutes long :D

I've updated the English Dep't videos list a few days ago, so do feel free to give it a look :)

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, Yayita

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion